Home Q & A Forum
Options

My Introduction and Please Help Identify This Coin.

Hello All. First off I Would Like To Introduce Myself. I’m Lee, I’m Happy To Get To Know you all. I’m 48 And I’ve Been Collecting Coins for Sometime Now. I enjoy The Coins I Have , I’m still going Through Them All. Most Of What I Have I found And My Mother Has Given Me. I Have A Coin Here , I have several More Of Same Likeness, But This One Is Different. There Is A few Markings On The Coin That Is Definitely Different Than The Others. Could Anyone Of You Fine Fellow or Gals help Me identify It. It’s a USA Liberty Nic 1900 date this is About All I know. I’m Not A Pro. I’m Just a Coin Collector That Loves Coins Right. Ok Here is My Picture Of The Coin. Thanks For Any Information On This. Thanks. Take Care Yall.

Comments

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum.
    Those marks are damage, they were done after the coin left the mint.
    Looks like someone may have started to drill a hole . Doesn’t really matter
    how it happened, damage is damage.

• Options
    PrimeCoin1PrimeCoin1 Posts: 11
    edited May 22, 2024 6:16PM

That’s what I figured too. Thanks so much for your Help. Mom seems to think differently about this. I told her looks like drilled holes, but there’s no Holes and kinda looks punched to me. Thanks MR. Dalton

• Options

I thought this coin I came across Is very pretty. What do you guys think.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

K3-4 rim damage. The hunt continues

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the steell 1943 cent plated?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭

Please only post one coin per thread. It gets confusing with more than one at a time.