Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Through my extensive reviewing of EBay daily..

I have concluded that there are some really tough star and superstar cards that have centering and print defects..I know a lot of this has been discussed but maybe i have stumbled across some that a few of you didn't know about. Centered copies of these at just about any grade by especially 8 and up can bring significantly more than regular 8's.

1 - 1979 topps and opc ozzie. the opc (about 5-10% print of topps) is just terrible. Hard to find 7.5's and up of opc and centered copies of 8's topps are tough.

2 - 1977 Topps and OPC Tom seaver, top to bottom centering way off

3- 1977 topps and opc Jim Palmer - same as above

4 - 1975 Mike schmidt topps and opc (lots of PD and centering issues)

5 - 1973 Topps and OPC Nolan ryan - if you peruse through the listings on ebay ( about 150 or more at any given time) they are all missing half of the left border.

6- 1975 topps and opc nolan ryan - Topps has a few more PD's than OPC, but centering is woeful.

7 - 1982 topps and opc, seaver, schmidt, reggie -- opc ryan -- woeful centering.

8 - 1975 topps and opc Tanana - centering and pD on the topps issue, opc - mainly horrific centering

9 - 1976 topps and opc george brett - centering is terrible. Topps has significant PD.

10 - 1978 Topps Nolan ryan - centering issues and lots of PD, hard to find a centered 8 and up.

11- 1977 topps and opc George brett and Robin yount - really poor centering

Of course opc is worse in just about every comparison because of the poor centering and low volume. But i included the topps issues as the main culprits here.

I will update some of these as I go and remember. Post some of the ones you have ran into.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments