https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-says-wouldnt-opposed-233622456.html

Tom Brady says he ‘wouldn't be opposed' to NFL return and mentions 2 teams

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Say it ain't so Tom. 😐

• Options

BTW - Everyone who posts in this thread can receive a free, "I love Tom Brady" and "I hate Bill Belichick" button. Just pay a nominal shipping and handling charge.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see Tommy return to the field. yes, even 47 year old tommy!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2024 7:56AM

I'll take that button @stevek

He could probably step right in and be productive I'm sure,

But I'd rather see him stay off the field rather than take a chance that he doesn't have it anymore and go out like that

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I would love to see Tommy return to the field. yes, even 47 year old tommy!!

The funny thing is that it wouldn't surprise me if it happens. Especially considering the overall lack of quality quarterbacks in today's NFL.

Brady did mention the Patriots. Can you imagine the TV ratings for that opening game? Might be close to Super Bowl ratings and I'm not kidding. In the New England area, the ratings would be off the charts.

• Options

@perkdog said:

But I'd rather see him stay off the field rather than take a chance that he doesn't have it anymore and go out like that

I just get a weird feeling that it's going to happen. But who knows? 🤔

Based on what Brady stated, and the dire QB situation with the Patriots, I don't think this possibility can be automatically dismissed. Even if the Patriots drafted a good looking QB who does well in the pre-season games. Wouldn't be a bad idea at all to let him sit and absorb the Brady attitude for a season, before starting next season.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    BTW - Everyone who posts in this thread can receive a free, "I love Tom Brady" and "I hate Bill Belichick" button. Just pay a nominal shipping and handling charge.

At least give us a Bob Kraft button too. I just read a story that Bob not only has his own Nike sneaker but he's also auctioning off a pair he wore while watching a Pats game (yeah this is technically owner game used🤣) then donating all of the proceeds to the Boys & Girls club of Boston.
    First off they officially sell for $160. We're not talking a pair of Jordan's, Lebrons or Kobe's here, just Bob Kraft. Who in their right mind would pay $160 for a Bob Kraft Nike sneaker?

Is it just me or does seeing an 82yr old Bob Kraft be ok with exploiting some poor underage Nike sneaker assemblers then wearing a pair during a game to only then auction them off to raise money for local underprivileged kids just seems really really weird.

We need a "Bobby K is really weird" button. Thanks 👍

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

At least give us a Bob Kraft button too. I just read a story that Bob not only has his own Nike sneaker but he's also auctioning off a pair he wore while watching a Pats game (yeah this is technically owner game used🤣) then donating all of the proceeds to the Boys & Girls club of Boston.
    First off they officially sell for $160. We're not talking a pair of Jordan's, Lebrons or Kobe's here, just Bob Kraft. Who in their right mind would pay $160 for a Bob Kraft Nike sneaker?

Is it just me or does seeing an 82yr old Bob Kraft be ok with exploiting some poor underage Nike sneaker assemblers then wearing a pair during a game to only then auction them off to raise money for local underprivileged kids just seems really really weird.

"just seems really really weird"

I agree with ya. I think it's just an ego thing with this multi-billionaire. I mean just give the kids the money which is a great thing to do, but do it without the silly theatrics for crying out loud.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

I agree with ya. I think it's just an ego thing with this multi-billionaire. I mean just give the kids the money which is a great thing to do, but do it without the silly theatrics for crying out loud.

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

just think of all the money spent in his overall endeavour to create,promote then auction/sell his own Nike sneaker. You could have skipped that entire process and just gave a nice big chunk of money to charity in the first place lol.

• Options

@perkdog said:

Paul, confirming your address:

350 Trolley Line Blvd
    Mashantucket, CT 06338

Sending the merchandise right out.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Paul, confirming your address:

350 Trolley Line Blvd
    Mashantucket, CT 06338

Sending the merchandise right out.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Based on what Brady stated, and the dire QB situation with the Patriots, I don't think this possibility can be automatically dismissed. Even if the Patriots drafted a good looking QB who does well in the pre-season games. Wouldn't be a bad idea at all to let him sit and absorb the Brady attitude for a season, before starting next season.

I wouldn't be completely shocked either. I think guys like that are ultra competitive and I bet most, until they get to their real old man years think they still "have it" I think that it wouldn't take much for this to start growing in Tommys mind, and then he starts throwing, then watching some film. The old hankering comes back and who knows.

he is in good shape. he is faster now than he was at 24...

I spoke to Robin Yount one time years ago and asked him why he retired at what I felt was a somewhat "young" age (38) He told me his body felt good enough to play, but mentally he had "had it" I think some players never feel like they lose "it" and it becomes a little inkling in their minds that they cant get rid of like MJ, Favre, Clemens, Mario and maybe Tommy

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I wouldn't be completely shocked either. I think guys like that are ultra competitive and I bet most, until they get to their real old man years think they still "have it" I think that it wouldn't take much for this to start growing in Tommys mind, and then he starts throwing, then watching some film. The old hankering comes back and who knows.

he is in good shape. he is faster now than he was at 24...

I spoke to Robin Yount one time years ago and asked him why he retired at what I felt was a somewhat "young" age (38) He told me his body felt good enough to play, but mentally he had "had it" I think some players never feel like they lose "it" and it becomes a little inkling in their minds that they cant get rid of like MJ, Favre, Clemens, Mario and maybe Tommy

If the new Patriots coach is smart enough to use Brady in the right way, IE he doesn't need a harsh training camp, and if a regular season game is already decided, then get him the yell out of there. Have him play in no pre-season games, etc, etc, etc, IE rate him and not treat him like he's twenty years old or whatever, I think Brady could still have a productive season.

If I was that coach, who is a very untested rookie head coach, I would use Brady to help formulate offensive game plans, etc. If Brady has the desire to do that, let him do it. IE, be like a combo player/coach. Why not?

• Options

Mayo spent his entire football career playing with Tom Brady so there would be a lot of familiarity there between the two.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Mayo spent his entire football career playing with Tom Brady so there would be a lot of familiarity there between the two.

Excellent point. I have a feeling that Brady must like him, probably a lot. Might be a really good fit.

If I'm a bookie making odds on it, I'm giving it a 25% chance of it happening. 😊

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seven rings to One, don't do this to Aaron Rodgers.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Been way too long since this has been posted!!! 😂😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

thank you DD. I needed that!

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2024 11:54AM

Here comes Tom Brady 2.0...

Get it done Tom get it done!!!

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

What in the Professor X is going on here? TB21 just seems like a much older version of TB12 and we can't have that happening. 😎

• Options

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Here comes Tom Brady 2.0...

Get it done Tom get it done!!!

The wheelchair might have helped Brady when he made some attempts at receiver. 😉

• Options

Fun fact of the day. ☝️

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭

Hes not coming back but he knows how to get attention. He would have kept playing if he was going to. Not only would it be a pay cut if he did, but he was scared to get hit his final year and once that happens its over.

He does QB camps and some teams could probably get him to come in as an special coach for a week or something like that, but he wont be playing again

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can the Gronk be far behind.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this keeps up Brett Favre is going to unretire and retire a few more times just so Brady doesn’t break his false retirement record.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:
    Hes not coming back but he knows how to get attention. He would have kept playing if he was going to. Not only would it be a pay cut if he did, but he was scared to get hit his final year and once that happens its over.

He does QB camps and some teams could probably get him to come in as an special coach for a week or something like that, but he wont be playing again

Personally Brady seems like an ego maniac and with Mahomes getting all the attention now it probably doesn’t sit well with him.
    Tommy boy is like the movies with the aging Hollywood diva who can’t accept that she’s not getting the leading lady roles anymore and will do anything to seek attention and develops a mental condition where she believes it possible to return to the halcyon days of her glory.
    I have a feeling this bit of drama won’t turn out well for Brady.
    Prepare yourself Craig!!
    If you start seeing paparazzi pics of Tommy dressed in a 1930’s dress with a scarf, red lipstick and dark sunglasses just think nothing of it and remember the Tommy of old.

• Options

• Options

DD- thanks! Loved that one.
    😆😆😆😆🤭🤭🤭🤣🤣🤣