Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    gorilla glue 4gorilla glue 4 Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

I don't know but it seems wrong to have Factory Sealed Wax Case on the label. Should of left that off and went with the designation at the bottom.

How much did it sale for is one of the funniest and most ignorant things I've ever heard.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2024 9:02AM

@SammyC said:
    I have a feeling the consignee has more cases in his collection. What do u guys think?

There’s tons of unopened product out there. Enough wax and vending to keep PSA and collectors busy 24/7.

Notice anything strange about this set they have up for auction now ?

• Options
    natetrooknatetrook Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Catalog is wrong all the OPC sets.
    More cards in set than stated.
    1971 OPC, missing Dryden???

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2024 7:59PM

My guess is the consignee has lots of fresh sets from the late 70s and early 80s, but no more 79/80 cases. This was the only 79/80 case on the planet.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

The original owner said he had two cases and had opened one to put sets together, no?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

I fully believe there is far far more unopened wax boxes/cases out there than people think. That goes for "rare" vintage singles as well. this stuff was printed to the moon. I think a lot of stuff is sitting in attics, storage, basements that has been forgotten about until someone passes on.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I fully believe there is far far more unopened wax boxes/cases out there than people think. That goes for "rare" vintage singles as well. this stuff was printed to the moon. I think a lot of stuff is sitting in attics, storage, basements that has been forgotten about until someone passes on.

The amount of uncut sheets is huge also. Many future PSA 10’s out there on just those alone.

• Options
    SammyCSammyC Posts: 112 ✭✭

@4Boston said:

@craig44 said:

The amount of uncut sheets is huge also. Many future PSA 10’s out there on just those alone.

There won't be anymore new PSA 10 RC for Wayne Gretzky. If there's any new one coming out... u know who owns it... most likely Turner or Cohen

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Lots more PSA 6 and 7's?

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 333 ✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Larry Fritsch has entered the chat

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@4Boston said:

@craig44 said:

Has PSA (knowingly) started grading sheet cut cards, or are we suggesting that they won't be able to tell?

• Options

@daltex said:

@4Boston said:

@craig44 said:

Has PSA (knowingly) started grading sheet cut cards, or are we suggesting that they won't be able to tell?

The very first card they ever graded was knowingly sheet cut.
    As have been countless other examples including more and more now.

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tons of sheet cut cards in slabs. Check out Martin Sports on eBay for endless hockey examples, his 74s are so obvious.

@daltex said:

@4Boston said:

@craig44 said:

• Options

I do not believe they knowingly slab sheet cut cards. it does happen though

• Options

@craig44 said:

Then what you’re saying is that their graders are inexperienced at identifying a true opc card as multitudes have slipped past them.

• Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 198 ✭✭✭

Your title sucks, you made it sound like there was another case. Who knows what's out there but with the increase in storage wars/auctions, estate sales and technology, it wont be often unless the owner or family want to sell. Fritsch is a different beast. I have a feeling they have cases that none of us will ever know about until they decide to release them.

• Options

@4Boston said:

@craig44 said:

Then what you’re saying is that their graders are inexperienced at identifying a true opc card as multitudes have slipped past them.

that is correct. I do not believe it is their policy to grade sheet cut, but some, many, or all of their graders are unable to detect it.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could we just ask Jenny. There may be some insight there.