Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Got some old Disney paintings here

CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I know this forum isn't exactly for this stuff, I apologize.

What do you think of these. I have no clue what to make of them and I can't find "TRO" or "TOR" anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe try the autographs forum. I did that with a few signatures I couldn't figure out and the members over there got me the names.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

could also be a talented amateur artist

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google search Disney artists/animators.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 254 ✭✭✭

My wife and I don't recognize them. She's my local expert. I could only recommend contacting someone such as David Longwater at Promenade to perhaps get some hints. We have a few Rodel Gonzalez originals and a lot of Don Williams sketches. Don Williams was a Disney animator and illustrator, but his signature on his work is clear and I'm not aware of any of his work signed otherwise. I only mention Don Williams as his illustrative style matches.

Good luck -- they are certainly neat to have regardless.

• Options

thank you

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 468 ✭✭✭

Where did you get them? Give some background.

• Options

there was an island in the south pacific i was exploring & i traded a woman to the natives for these paintings. hoping it was worth it.