Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4SC/ Prob123

I'm sure I'm not the only one----- the amount of emails received from these two are rivaling the wife's from Bath & Body Works. Was always receiving 4 Sharp and just recently Rick Probstein. I don't ever recall buying/winning anything from Probstein. Heck, maybe eBay provided them with emails of anyone/everyone that has purchased a sportscard on their platform?? Definitely pushing auctions and getting eyeballs..............

Comments

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

4SC does spam you if you leave something in their cart, I know that. Other than that, I have bought from both and haven’t been spammed. Maybe I unsubscribed at some point. I do that whenever possible.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont really deal with Prob. but I have used 4SC as consignment. I received a few emails and a friendly phone call a few weeks after the auction and nothing since.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I use both and have never received any email except for cards won

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

4SC emails me daily. Often times twice a day.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 420 ✭✭✭

I wonder how 4sc has your email. I've bought many things from 4sc. 4sc and probstein do have some of the more rare items which do come across ebay, and while they do get more "eyes" it's hard to avoid dealing with them.

I don't get many 4sc emails though, and I do wonder how they would know how to contact me unless I have purchased from them directly. So, for those of you who are getting many emails, did you buy from their website direct? How do they know how to contact you? We must solve this mystery!

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    I wonder how 4sc has your email. I've bought many things from 4sc. 4sc and probstein do have some of the more rare items which do come across ebay, and while they do get more "eyes" it's hard to avoid dealing with them.

I don't get many 4sc emails though, and I do wonder how they would know how to contact me unless I have purchased from them directly. So, for those of you who are getting many emails, did you buy from their website direct? How do they know how to contact you? We must solve this mystery!

I bought direct through 4SC website and also through their ebay auctions. I get spammed in 2 of my email accounts.
    I must of used 1 email when I joined their mailing list, and used a another email when I actually bought something.
    Both of my email accounts get the same duplicate email.
    It's not personalized. It's "12% off all PSA 10s", "Upcoming Auction", "Sell with us", "Don't forget about our Auction", "10% off all Baseball", "Reminder! Auction ends soon", and on and on.....

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

Same as Ron. Bought direct from 4SC website prior to pandemic. Nothing from Probstein---- I avoid him.

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

When is anyone going to make a documentary about these millionaires and the potential shadiness?

I will chip in $20 to whomever puts out a 5 min long video about these 2 which includes cert numbers, auction numbers, population numbers...and connects all the dots.

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

You go first

• Options

@80sOPC said:
    You go first

If people want to send me valid information regarding cert numbers then I will. If the information isn't solid then it will appear as hearsay. I have not compiled this information and I do not know the patterns of cert numbers that others have produced.

I'm not sure if you were daring me, afraid to go 1st, or just the first thing that popped into your head. I have no qualms stating my opinions as such but it needs to be more than an opinion piece.

• Options

None of the above, I don’t take this stuff particularly seriously tbh.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

Me either.

• Options

Look around for a second or talk to some people at the card shops and shows. I am not on an island. I'm really not trying to push your buttons guys. I'm just restating what others say and also adding my experience. I'm not making stuff up and it isn't meant to create an argument amongst us. We have similar hobbies and different opinions.

Thanks for taking time to help me in past discussions. I appreciate it.

• Options

You know the hobby a few years ago used to drive me nuts, trimming, grading issues etc. I took a step back and said, who gives a ****. I'll collect what I want, grade is I want, and just generally go back to my collecting roots. Let others battle the card wars.

Same approach I take to politics, who cares, I'm going to the lake. Life is much easier when you control the controllables and let the rest fall where it may.