Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Vault Box VI Drops March 6th

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 28, 2024 9:15AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

But then my fans will miss it. 😉

• Options

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2024 5:02PM

@jmlanzaf said:

Are you in for 2? If not, why post?

And, as @MFeld said, why post here? Because the Ancients forum has little traffic and little interest?

Are you honestly expecting to provoke anything other than the usual back and forth here? Probably not even, since very few will care about this one way or the other.

You are the target audience, and even you, cheerleader that you are, are too smart to bite. When it was theoretical, you were safe standing on the sideline, cheerleading, saying "if only..."

Well, here we are -- $1300 for the thrill of 6 breaks right up your alley. What's the problem? Not enough "fun" for you, while you cheer others on rather than telling them what you really think?

Just who on Whatnot is going to put their money behind this if you won't?

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Pretty sure that's the point. This one is likely to land with a thud, with you or without you. Jump the Shark.

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

How popular are ancients? Do the people that deal in ancients even know what vault box is?
    Tough questions to be determined...

• Options

@gtstang said:
    How popular are ancients? Do the people that deal in ancients even know what vault box is?
    Tough questions to be determined...

Actually, at a lower price point, the market would be people who don't deal or collect ancients.

During my Whatnot auction last week, I had 3 people show up and ask for ancients out of the blue.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

that's not a proper answer to a problem you created

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@gtstang said:
    How popular are ancients?

They must be popular because they've been around just about forever. :*

Then again, they might be on their last leg...

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

If you ever wanted to over pay for a Roman Denarii now is your chance!

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gtstang said:
    Do the people that deal in ancients even know what vault box is?

Most people who collect ancients barely know what slabs are. Most of us prefer our ancient coins unslabbed and would liberate any slabbed ancients that came our way, without hesitation. I've never had to do that myself, because I've never bought a slabbed ancient. None of the high-reputation ancients dealers I've dealt with sell slabbed ancients.

Will this sort of promotional gimmick actually help increase interest in ancients? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't assume so. I think any VaultBox fans who buy into this series will do so because they're VaultBox fans, not because they're ancients fans. They will still be unwilling and unable to seek out and purchase actual raw ancient coins. Meanwhile, most VaultBox fans who buy into this series and actually open up their boxes will have difficulty figuring out if they've been skunked or not - which seems to be the foremost question in the minds of all the VaultBox unboxing videos I've watched so far. They'd have to do actual research into ancient coin prices to find out.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld you can have this thread back my friend. We don't want it, or its OP.