Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Babe Bows Out Nat Fein Type 1 vs Type 2

Hi all - new to the hobby and I’ve been obsessed with Nat Fein’s The Babe Bows Out for a long time. I’ve been tracking a few over the years and notice all the Type 1’s that have sold at Goldin, SCP and others have all had Fein’s Stamp and the New York Herald Tribune stamp.

According to PSA’s photography expert Henry Yee, a true period TYPE I Nat Fein example of this famous image must have the all-important 'correct' Nat Fine credit stamping from the New York Herald Tribune.

One is coming up at Heritage with both stamps but is graded as a type 2. Where can I find out more about type 1 vs type 2? Are we seeing one of the “oldest” type 2’s?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

The two stamps on the type 2 at auction for those curious .

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

a type 2 photo would be one that was developed more than two years after the picture was taken

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ironmanfan said:
    a type 2 photo would be one that was developed more than two years after the picture was taken

IMF

Umm.... are we sure about that? I was under the impression that a Type 1 was taken from the original source and then a Type 2 would be taken from an image made from a Type 1 and so forth. Am I wrong?

Arthur

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:

@Ironmanfan said:

IMF

Umm.... are we sure about that? I was under the impression that a Type 1 was taken from the original source and then a Type 2 would be taken from an image made from a Type 1 and so forth. Am I wrong?

Arthur

Ummm yes we are

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2024 6:48AM

https://www.psacard.com/services/originalphotoauthentication

Type I – A 1st generation photograph, developed from the original negative, during the period (within approximately two years of when the picture was taken).

Type II – A photograph, developed from the original negative, during the period (more than approximately two years after the picture was taken).

Type III – A 2nd generation photograph, developed from a duplicate negative or wire transmission, during the period (within approximately two years of when the picture was taken).

Type IV – A 2nd generation photograph (or 3rd or later generation), developed from a duplicate negative or wire transmission, during a later period (more than approximately two years after the picture was taken).

Jim

• Options

My sincere apologies to IMF. As usual, I write and I look like a horse's arse when I should have kept quiet. Mea culpa.

• Options

apology accepted

IMF

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please tell me that's not Mamma's Family? That had to be one of the worst shows of all time! Not even close to the Carol Burnett show! Shame on you Vicky Lawrence. :(

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Cakes said:
    Please tell me that's not Mamma's Family? That had to be one of the worst shows of all time! Not even close to the Carol Burnett show! Shame on you Vicky Lawrence. :(

How dare you. That is the cinematic masterpiece The 'Burbs.

Arthur