Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Ford / Lincoln 1 oz Silver Medals - Thoughts on value?

Not sure if this is the right forum for this or not but since lots of bullion items are posted here for sale maybe someone could give me a rough opinion of the approximate value of some sets a friend has. We looked through eBay and there are a lot of individual rounds for sale and prices are all over the place. I sort of settled on $35.00-$40.00 each but then there is the consideration that these are full sets and have the display box. Any idea of what approximately these should sell for? IThanks in advance!

K

ANA LM

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any documentation on the backs of the frames? I see that some like bullion bars (1999) were marked with a "vin" number. Are they FM? Mintage considerations? Good luck

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

To the bullion collector, frames and a complete set are premium. I've seen individual pieces as high as $60. You can always price high and head lower if no sale. Shouldn't fluctuate too much with silver pricing.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Complete sets limit your market IMO for items like this. Person with a 1940 ford pickup who may or may not be a coin collector doesn’t care much about a few dollars premium on silver like a bullion collector would.
    I had several of the rounds in your sets that I sold over the past couple years. Most sold around $40.
    The sets are cool though. I wouldn’t break them up.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2024 3:28AM

Looks like sets like these may have sold some time back on live auctioneer?
    Doesn't show any sales price.
    If no information is on the frame, maybe someone had the cards framed at some point later.
    I'd say try and keep as a set. Maybe 2 Times spot on the pricing.
    As far a RARE? or mintage figures, it would help to know what is on the back of the bars or rounds.