Home Sports Talk
Options

did anyone else notice this?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

when Hardman caught the game-winning touchdown, his reaction was so muted that i honestly wondered if he realized what he had just done. turns out, he didn't. when Nantz interviewed him after the game he said he blacked out. he was NOT joking. i'm not even gonna ponder how that's remotely possible, i'm just gonna go with it and say this.

Chiefs receivers are THE BEST :D

https://apnews.com/article/super-bowl-2024-chiefs-hardman-b4de07854046edb8df9c21a56e29f022

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally plausible that he was in a state of euphoria, disbelief and or an out of body experience

Good for him, he made the most important catch of his career

• Options

i'd much rather be on the winning side of a situational awareness brain fart of that magnitude, as opposed to numerous 49ers players who are coming out today admitting that they had no clue about the change in OT rules

they thought if they housed one they'd win the Super Bowl without Mahomes getting a chance to put his hands on the ball. and that's why they chose to receive when they won the toss.

now THAT'S bad. wtg Shanahan

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i'd much rather be on the winning side of a situational awareness brain fart of that magnitude, as opposed to numerous 49ers players who are coming out today admitting that they had no clue about the change in OT rules

they thought if they housed one they'd win the Super Bowl without Mahomes getting a chance to put his hands on the ball. and that's why they chose to receive when they won the toss.

No, Shanahan knew about the rule changes and still made the decision he did. Some players said they didn’t know, but that didn’t impact Shanahan’s decision.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

No, Shanahan knew about the rule changes and still made the decision he did. Some players said they didn’t know, but that didn’t impact Shanahan’s decision.

i know but my players don't

that makes it a modicum less indefensible

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Not entirely correct galaxy. I was up until 1 am watching nfl network so saw a lot of interviews. Some of the SF players didn’t know the ot rules but shanahan certainly did. They took the ball first because shanahan thought if both teams scored the same points on their opening drives, whether it was 3’s or 7’s then it would be sudden death and SF would have the ball.

• Options

Chiefs be like, we'll gladly play the role of house on this BJ hand. go ahead and hit on 12 so we'll know exactly what we need to do

so bad

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have to agree. Hiss poor coaching on all levels, every single 49ers coach.

Minor point if I may. There really should be as long a break for overtime as there is for halftime.

Not 100% sure, but I think it's around 15 minutes or whatever, the break they give the players during halftime. So why not at least an equivalent break during the end of game and start of overtime? I mean they're even much more tired after 60 minutes of football, than 30 minutes of football. Makes absolutely no sense to me?

• Options

imagine the celebration that would have ensued on the Niners sideline if they had housed one on their opening drive of OT

so in one scenario we have a player who caught a TD to win the Super Bowl and he didn't know it

and in another scenario a chunk of an entire time would have thought they won the Super Bowl when the game wasn't over because their coach never bothered to address it

naptime starts in 30 minutes

• Options

if there are players in the Super Bowl who catch game-winning touchdowns and don't realize it, and other players who don't even know the rules, then there must be a place in the National Football League for this lovely woman.

I say a 5-yr contract as head coach of the Chicago Bears.......laced with incentives.......and a map

https://www.facebook.com/share/P1gpZPbK5GyunyfX/?mibextid=0VwfS7

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly, I find it impossible to believe that Shanahan didn't know these overtime rules, especially because of the simplicity.

Now did he adequately inform his players of these simple rules? Obviously not.

In any event, I think it further necessitates my earlier point that the overtime break should be at least 15 minutes. Gives the players not only a chance at a longer breather, but for the coaches to explain these simple rules to the players, and perhaps other things as well.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭

If players didnt know thats on them. Sure meetings wont spend much time on something that is unlikely, they had two weeks to take a quick glance.

Really doesnt matter anyways. The 49ers werent playing for a FG they just got stopped.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2024 8:34PM

@galaxy27 said:

Gloating and denigrating the competition, it is a great look, isn't your team winning enough to keep you happy? Like what 6 posts here gloating. Why?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:

Gloating and denigrating the competition, it is a great look, isn't your team winning enough to keep you happy? Like what 6 posts here gloating. Why?

do you know who my team is?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@spacehayduke said:

do you know who my team is?

All I see if you want to go out of your way to denigrate the 49ers. So I assume it is the Chiefs. You also start a thread stating that Mahomes is gonna be GOAT. So again it must the be the Chiefs. But again 6 posts here to slam the 49ers, that is a great look you go for it......................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:

All I see if you want to go out of your way to denigrate the 49ers. So I assume it is the Chiefs. You also start a thread stating that Mahomes is gonna be GOAT. So again it must the be the Chiefs. But again 6 posts here to slam the 49ers, that is a great look you go for it......................

know what happens when you assume? it makes an ass out of u and me

if you took the time to read closely, you would see that my initial post was "denigrating" a Chiefs player. but clearly you're so butthurt from yesterday's outcome that you can't see straight. and then you trot over to another thread creation of mine where i'm simply comparing Mahomes to Brady at this stage of the game and your interpretation is that i'm "stating that Mahomes is gonna be GOAT"?

bro it's time for you to step outside for some fresh air. and maybe, just maybe, if you frequented this place more often you'd know what team is mine. at least then you'd be factually butthurt.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that maybe in the playoffs, instead of changing all the overtime rules and having people get either confused or all upset about it they should just play another 15 minute "quarter" and see how it plays out.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

I thought CBS did an incredibly poor job of explaining the rules, as I didn't understand them.

For example, did KC need to score before the clock hit 0:00 in the Overtime quarter?

Each team got one possession and I'm not sure I've ever seen a game where only 1 each of a position took an entire quarter but it was happening.

Romo was flippant in saying if the clock hits 0:00 they just go to another quarter.

If that's the case, why exactly is there a game clock in Overtime playoff games?

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@estang said:
    I thought CBS did an incredibly poor job of explaining the rules, as I didn't understand them.

For example, did KC need to score before the clock hit 0:00 in the Overtime quarter?

Each team got one possession and I'm not sure I've ever seen a game where only 1 each of a position took an entire quarter but it was happening.

Romo was flippant in saying if the clock hits 0:00 they just go to another quarter.

If that's the case, why exactly is there a game clock in Overtime playoff games?

To change ends. Considering it’s an outdoor game and winds

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@estang said:

To change ends. Considering it’s an outdoor game and winds

That was my assumption without even giving it a second thought

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    when Hardman caught the game-winning touchdown, his reaction was so muted that i honestly wondered if he realized what he had just done.

I noticed that then Mahomes said he had to tell him that they just won the SuperBowl.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@spacehayduke said:

know what happens when you assume? it makes an ass out of u and me

if you took the time to read closely, you would see that my initial post was "denigrating" a Chiefs player. but clearly you're so butthurt from yesterday's outcome that you can't see straight. and then you trot over to another thread creation of mine where i'm simply comparing Mahomes to Brady at this stage of the game and your interpretation is that i'm "stating that Mahomes is gonna be GOAT"?

bro it's time for you to step outside for some fresh air. and maybe, just maybe, if you frequented this place more often you'd know what team is mine. at least then you'd be factually butthurt.

Uh no, I saw a great game between 2 great teams. You want to focus on something that ESPN wrote about to make waves that is trivial but you picked up on to gloat about for 6 posts in this thread bc apparently you don't like the Niners. I enjoyed the game, was one of the best SB's I ever saw, had fun watching. Happy for both teams who played great. Someone had to lose, thaz why they play. LOL.