Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions about this 1960 Bob Gibson

HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2024 11:33PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1- Can this card be resubmitted in the holder or does it have to be taken out first ?

2- PSA doe not recognize the blue label any more? So this card and auto could not be authentic at all ? I know it’s a stretch, but could it happen?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

just curious... why not just leave it as it is?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

@coinkat said:
    just curious... why not just leave it as it is?

Like the card and auto grade combined. Just a preference.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

That label is still recognized as good. I've not heard it explained that it wasn't recognized therefore isn't not authentic. The flip style has evolved since this one was slabbed is all, just like the flips for graded cards has evolved. Doesn't mean it's no good.

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

The auto is authentic, but they're not saying the card is -- correct?

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

you can send in the card in the the holder and request to re-holder and to grade the card. They will charge a reholder fee and a grading few. You can also request and pay for an auto. grade.

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same question. This is only likely to 2-4 but I would like a dual grade. Don’t know how to send in?

• Options

@EchoCanyon said:
    The auto is authentic, but they're not saying the card is -- correct?

Correct.

• Options

@dan89 said:
    I have the same question. This is only likely to 2-4 but I would like a dual grade. Don’t know how to send in?

Now what about his Yaz ?

The Gibson says “Trading card”

The Yaz says “1960 Topps”

Will PSA honor the Yaz card being authentic or no longer recognize the blue flip evaluation?

Thanks

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I try and add it for card grade the cert# is not recognizing it do so. Essentially, it wont let me just add card grade as a result.

• Options

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to get psa to do by "honoring" or "recognizing" the older blue flips? Are you trying to ask psa if the auto's on the cards are still genuine?

• Options

PSA used to offer a "Grade Add-On" service for cards like this -- ones originally submitted to PSA/DNA for encapsulation only. However, when I contacted customer service last year I was told that Grade Add-On is no longer available. Apparently if the card has been authenticated (red flip with set info), you can submit for a grade through the Review service; but red flips with "trading card" and all blue flips are required to be submitted under the Dual Service Crossover service, with no discount even though they've already authenticated the signature.

I have quite a few cards in blue flip holders that I would like to add grades to, but I'm not paying full Dual Service price to do it. Hopefully the Grade Add-On service comes back someday, if not permanently then maybe as a monthly special.