Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Guess I'll need some Cash for UPS, How much are Import Duties? Update Scans

thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

I have been wanting a Certain Comic in Graded condition for a long time and recently I have noticed most on Fee-bay dropping somewhat or almost all have the offer feature. In recent years This book in Graded 8.0/8.5 was selling in the neighborhood of about $1400-$2000 depending of course. Although in these grades few have sold recently.

So I found 3 different 8.0's and a 8.5 (That meet MY criteria of No minor corner crease that CGC allows in 8.0's and 8.5's, bugs the He!! out of me) that were in the asking of about $1100-$1300. So I sent offers and I will admit I didn't due my full due diligence (Beer Goggles) in reading the listings fine prints.

So I offered what I thought was a rediculous discount offer of $888 to all four figuring I just get 4 declines, I send numerous Offers everyday. But One accepted and of course its from Canada!

So the tracking says I owe Duties. Can somebody gave me an idea of what they will be on Wednesday? I paid $888.00 + $76.90 Tax + $19.99 shipping?

Thanks for any help

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a card from Canada and I didn’t read the fine print either. But the ups guy wouldn’t take cash, I had to write a check. I think mine was about $43 for a $1100 card.

• Options

@Darin said:
    I bought a card from Canada and I didn’t read the fine print either. But the ups guy wouldn’t take cash, I had to write a check. I think mine was about $43 for a $1100 card.

Good to know! I think I have a Checkbook around here somewhere.......... ;)

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    Afternoon,

I have been wanting a Certain Comic in Graded condition for a long time and recently I have noticed most on Fee-bay dropping somewhat or almost all have the offer feature. In recent years This book in Graded 8.0/8.5 was selling in the neighborhood of about $1400-$2000 depending of course. Although in these grades few have sold recently.

So I found 3 different 8.0's and a 8.5 (That meet MY criteria of No minor corner crease that CGC allows in 8.0's and 8.5's, bugs the He!! out of me) that were in the asking of about $1100-$1300. So I sent offers and I will admit I didn't due my full due diligence (Beer Goggles) in reading the listings fine prints.

So I offered what I thought was a rediculous discount offer of $888 to all four figuring I just get 4 declines, I send numerous Offers everyday. But One accepted and of course its from Canada!

So the tracking says I owe Duties. Can somebody gave me an idea of what they will be on Wednesday? I paid $888.00 + $76.90 Tax + $19.99 shipping?

Thanks for any help

YeeHaw!

Neil

What would you have done if 3 of them had accepted your generous offer? ;-)

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@originalisbest said:
    What would you have done if 3 of them had accepted your generous offer? ;-)

Are you kidding? Neil has that much in his left hip pocket at all times. He wrote a check last week and the bank bounced.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Inquiring minds want to know - what comic is it?!?

• Options

@lahmejoon said:
    Inquiring minds want to know - what comic is it?!?

I'll post a scan in this thread when I get it Weds.

And as to the question if I had three or 4 accept my offers, I'd pay for them and my Comic Budget would be blown for months!

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

I was under the impression that anything that was print was duty free like books, sports cards, comic books.l.lOnly applicable taxes would need to be paid. NAFTA…

I could be wrong.

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

@Raptormaniacs said:
    I was under the impression that anything that was print was duty free like books, sports cards, comic books.l.lOnly applicable taxes would need to be paid. NAFTA…

I could be wrong.

UPS is a racket. Never had an issue with any other carrier.

• Options

@olb31 said:
    Interesting that the "THEDUTYMON" doesn't know how duties work. If you are the duty mon, shouldn't you be a professional at duties? LOL!!!

Duty should not be confused with doody.

• Options

Here She Is!

Been working on 1970's Marvel and DC Key issues for the last few months. These are last week and this weeks purchases! I like Buying 9.0's and 9.2's because visually there is almost no difference from 9.6's and 9,8s. And they cost 1/4 to 1/3 in price!

[(https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/av/yb58xd5gjkl5.jpg "")

Next is Marvel Spotlight #5 which is the first ever Ghost Rider in the modern age, but that one I can probably only afford in a 6.0 or maybe 7.0.

Thanks for looking!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

Nice books! I like the focus on monsters. Nice new X-men book!