Home Precious Metals
Options

Thought you guys might like to see some befores and afters: NGC unboxing

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Closed a pretty big business deal early last year and celebrated by buying a half-dozen small gold coins. Sent them off to NGC.

What's Sam Elliott say in The Big Lebowski? "Sometimes you eat the 'bar, and sometimes the 'bar eats you..."

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Yep. It's not like I thought the 10 soles was really a proof. Not even sure they made one. So I was thrilled with the 67. That's a pop top, though shared with a dozen others.
    And the peso was a total victory. Pop of 4/1 IIRC.
    The ducat is a private pattern, but I think this is the highest graded across both TPGs.
    The 4 reale is a bit of a bitch, though. Especially because NGC's own plate coin is gilded copper.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes the bar just gets up and leaves you sitting....Nice group Weiss.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the grades @Weiss

I also added some view counts to your coin safari youtbe video that details these in 3 parts.

Shame about the non-genuine coin, its a great strike and most probably the correct gold content / weight.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Thanks, guys. Paid melt plus a few bucks for each of them.

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff! 👍