Home Precious Metals
Options

Best place to buy a 10 gold bar?

handymanhandyman Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 19, 2023 7:59AM in Precious Metals

Scary threads about gold bars. But where is the best and safest place to buy a 10 OZ gold bar and what are the best 3 brands you should pick from? There are several on ebay but some dont have ASSAY in the tittle. Is that a must as well when buying one?

Comments

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Somebody here might have a better answer but I've had success buying PAMP bars with Veriscan from BGASC. I got some 5 oz bars and also some 100 gram bars, you can get a free download from PAMP and scan them with your phone while still in the card. I get along well with the guy at my local metal store and he has checked all the bars I got with his XRF tester and they all checked good. BGASC had them here in a few days and their prices were decent.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 11:00AM

I would buy 10 one ounce pieces of gold (easier resale) and would go with American Gold Eagles or gold buffalos (easier resale/known quality product). I would buy from bullionexchanges.com (best prices), have done business with them for years. A wire payment will get you the best price and the quickest shipping. PCGS or NGC certified MS69 don't cost much more than raw and will give you and your future buyer piece of mind.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing new to add. But I agree wholeheartedly with everyone and would advise you not to buy a 10 oz bar or any gold bars. AGEs are the way to go.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

you will pay 700 dollar premium on a 10 oz bar!
    get 10 1 oz coins as others have said

golden eagle has 1 oz maples for 2060

https://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/item/1-oz-canadian-gold-maple-leaf-uncirculated-_-random-year

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 oz. Bar?

Just say “no”.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    The assays are faked just like the bars. Personally I'd steer clear of all bars; gold, gutter etc. They are all so easily faked. Get yourself 10 AGEs assuming you can find them without the astronimical premiums we are currently experiencing. If you don't have a good local outlet stick with the big dogs; APMEX, Bullion Exchanges, Liberty.....Just my 2C. RGDS!

This!

Ten American Gold Eagles if it was me.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@blitzdude said:
    The assays are faked just like the bars. Personally I'd steer clear of all bars; gold, gutter etc. They are all so easily faked. Get yourself 10 AGEs assuming you can find them without the astronimical premiums we are currently experiencing. If you don't have a good local outlet stick with the big dogs; APMEX, Bullion Exchanges, Liberty.....Just my 2C. RGDS!

This!

Ten American Gold Eagles if it was me.

If you can get them for a reasonable price, the 1 oz gold buffalo's are also a good choice and they have the advantage of being pure .9999 gold. I've heard that the gold markets in Asia prefer gold bullion that's .9999 pure over gold that's been alloyed.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

True. 👍

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

US Mint first spouse gold is another way to get .9999 fine gold in half ounce sizes. More flexibility than a big bar and safe.
    Low risk of counterfeits as most people don't like them enough for criminals to bother trying. LOL.