Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

It pays to be nice to your bank teller

And they will hold things like that for you..... Thank you Gail....

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally and respectfully, hanging on to well circulated $100 notes would not be a decision I’d choose. Even if it was in CH-CU condition, it’ would only be valued at around $200.

Collecting is collecting, if you like it, keep it.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Personally and respectfully, hanging on to well circulated $100 notes would not be a decision I’d choose. Even if it was in CH-CU condition, it’ would only be valued at around $200.

Collecting is collecting, if you like it, keep it.

Me too. I have one example just to have the type. But it’s a 65

• Options

Nice one. Not much value except to you and your grandkids. It's history, art, and money. They will be very hard to find one day.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats cool :)

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭

Nice note and I agree about being nice to your tellers.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see old notes still being found.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Sorry that doubling your money is not worth it to others?? I would hold on to it as it only gets more rare as time passes and it is art as much as it is investment :)

• Options
    mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

I guess I was too nice to my bank teller. We ended up married.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BankmanCometh said:
    Sorry that doubling your money is not worth it to others?? I would hold on to it as it only gets more rare as time passes and it is art as much as it is investment :)

Huh?

Someone noted that it would be worth $200 in CH-CU condition. This banknote is well-circulated.

There are infinitely better "investments"....

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with JBK.
    The OP’s note is definitely not an investment grade banknote. It’s in rough condition, it’s not rare and the serial number is pedestrian. If you like it and have $100 to play with, keep it, but I wouldn’t consider it a wise investment.

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2023 8:11PM

If a bank teller friend calls me with a found treasure, I take it and thank them. They also get donuts from time to time.

Never once do they get a 'no thanks' or 'that's not for me' on a note. If they're going to pull it, I'm going to take it. If I don't want or need the note I'll spend it, flip it, or redeposit it elsewhere, but as far as they're concerned its forever home is in my collection.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Most excellent

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Why can’t people just be excited for other peoples excitement when something like this occurs. It’s great that your teller thought of you. The note is cool too. My tellers show me what came through but keep them for themselves which is okay with me as there are always going to be non collectors spending there family’s saved collections when they are gone. Very unfortunate for them but not for us who love the history and wonderment of the life of a note.

• Options
    flyguyflflyguyfl Posts: 122 ✭✭

I have a teller who will hold currency and coins as well. I slip her a $5 lottery scratch off ever so often but she and I go back a long way.