Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

About my latest coins submission

ELuisELuis Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 20, 2023 6:22PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Sent 5 coins Express service and coins were graded way too fast this time, only 4 days to the grades to show up:

But, one of the coins description it is wrong, on the items 3 & 4 one it is a 1/4 Oz. and both there are 1 Oz. So it is not right, I just checked and there is also the USPS tracking number, so means that a package with the coins it is already being sent?

Still on their site it shows the status as QA... already sent an email about the description of the coin.

One of the coins came up as genuine sctrach -- I did not saw any.. anyways have to live with that.

Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is no scratch break it out and re-submit it at some point.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options

@PillarDollarCollector said:

Thanks, I marked on the form 'Do not holder genuine'.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ELuis said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

Thanks, I marked on the form 'Do not holder genuine'.

I know it sucks since you paid but human error is always possible. Could it be that it got scratched on their end? I don't want to make you nervous but maybe that happened. If so maybe if you have images of your coin you could contact them and possibly get a refund. Just a guess does not mean this is what happened.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    edited October 20, 2023 5:20PM

@PillarDollarCollector - Thanks.

OK, just got the email, that your PCGS order has shipped... will have to send back the 1/4 Oz to fix the description.

The good part is that now at least the Express service now it is way too fast. Or might be the type of coins, who knows.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS seems to have a lot of problems on the administration end of things recently. I suspect it’s all the new staff that was hired to help reduce backlog and speed turnaround.

But they sure are causing lots of grief.

• Options

@pruebas said:
    PCGS seems to have a lot of problems on the administration end of things recently. I suspect it’s all the new staff that was hired to help reduce backlog and speed turnaround.

Indeed, it was way too fast, to see the grades, but no QA. No good.

• Options

@pruebas said:

They sent the package it will be this next Monday... But they did not review the information for the coin, TV images for the onzas are reaady, except for the 1R Salvador.

On denomination reads Onza for a 1/4Oz.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2023 5:31AM

^On the denomination should read: 1/4 oz

They have this right:

• Options

Here is the 1 oz:

• Options
    edited October 24, 2023 4:10AM

Here is another issue with the TV image for the 1 oz, noticed the nose, on the right it is the Onza image that I have for a long time:

Those white spots that look bad with that black background, are not like that on the coin:

It looks like they use some kind of a effect, the blackground on the field and the shadow,
    This section of the coin, does not have any shadow, like in the TV:

Versus:

Not going to send the slab to change the wrong description of the denomination of the 1/4 oz coin.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

To say the least.

• Options
    SametsSamets Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

@Applejacks said:

@pruebas said:

To say the least.

No kidding! Somehow they took my properly submitted matte gold proof coin and re-labeled it as MS...
    Here's my post on the drama I've been living...