Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

The card shop near my house is.......

HORRIBLE!

He had this 2002 eddie griffin playmakers club gold jersey /100 bv 40 selling for 120

he had a dmiles auto that booked around 80 selling for 250...He never sells even GU 50% of book. Usually 150% book.
www.Thylenol.coms.ph

trade refs on CU: Udwashington,cardjunkie3, chipperedredwolf,rbarra, big shane,dmiles89

Lookin for garnett,tmac,and especially Olajuwon gu/auto or rcs. will trade up to 1.5 book for olajuwon SOMETIMES

Comments

• Options
    I HAVE A SHOP LIKE THAT TOO, HE THINKS HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT BUT HE DOESNT
  • Options
    HE IS LIKE OH, THEY ARE HOT, NO ONEGOES BY BOOK, AND HE GETS MAD CAUSE I SAY I KNOW THEY DONT, THEY SELL CHEAPER
  • Options
    i have 2 shops near me, 1 really sucks cause they have stuff from like 99-00 and 00-01 and they only have like 3 things to choose from, my other one is real good though, has new stuff and pretty cheap prices
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • Options
    Well you guys are lucky. I'd have to drive 2 hours to hit up a card shop. Maybe further.
    WANTED HIGH END KIRBY PUCKETT STUFF.
  • Options
    I thought card shops sold GOOD packs and boxes....He only had 1 box of mvp w/5 packs left....He never has more than 2 boxes in his store of one sport...only magic/dbz and stuff like that.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

trade refs on CU: Udwashington,cardjunkie3, chipperedredwolf,rbarra, big shane,dmiles89

Lookin for garnett,tmac,and especially Olajuwon gu/auto or rcs. will trade up to 1.5 book for olajuwon SOMETIMES
  • Options
    at my shop, EVERYTHING is over priced, and the lady that owns it is a moron

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Options
    lol i have about 5 shops in a 30 min distance from me...i've been to 3 of them...all of them are really cool.
  • Options
    Yeah any shop that gives out Ming SPx rcs is cool.
  • Options
    The shop around here is great...if you're a hockey collector. Nothing past 2000 in football or basketball, and a few overpriced packs of 2001 baseball. Seems like the Magic, DBZ, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and all that crap sell well, it takes up half the store.
  • Options
    Thylenol- my card shop is like that too. Has maybe 3 new products on the self, which are way over priced, and one display of sports cards. The rest is all that "Magic" and "dbz" bull$hit too. It sucks. I don't get to open many hobby packs or boxes anymore. I used to live in Kansas City and there was probaly 5-7 GOOD cards shops in my area plus the Quik Trip i lived by was known to get great boxes of everything. So i had ample chances to open stuff. Now in Lake Havasu City ,AZ and nada thing here as far as cards go except that one shop and K-Mart(lol). So I Feel ya man.
  • Options
    I only have one overpriced shop (and the owner also feels the packs and pulls the gu out first) and k-mart.

Living in Lake Havasu doesn't look so bad from what I've seen on tv.
  • Options
    ^^ Lol u said kmart LOL
  • Options
    I wish there were more stores near here. The store im talking about is only a 5 minute drive from my house.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    There used to be a shop locally where the woman who ran it, ran it just to do something, but then her husband passed away, so she sold her business. She always sold boxes and packs just over cost. The other shops locally sell for usually 2 to 2.5 times ebay prices on boxes.
  • Options
    all card shops seem 2 overprice, this guy in the mall, man he sells his packs for 10 bucks! sweet shot, 1 pack!!!! lol
    6 bucks for a UD MVP... haha
    its "Hobby" he says, lol so?
    and he has this little setup, he never has boxes out he just has this lil setup with packs in it and a display of like a card lookz in front...
    and he puts tape over the bottoms so no one can take em out unless he does! lol
    hes also seriously overwheight, this guys a frickin house, lol...
  • Options
    yea, whats wrong with these ppl
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    We have two shops around here. Ones overpriced, and he ripped me off when I was like 7, so we stopped going there. The other shop is great. New stuff, cheap prices, everthing...
    Josh~shuajoe@hotmail.com
    My site.
  • Options
    whats funny is that the guy had that same eddie griffin play makers club gold jersey bv 40 for 6 months....I remember back a long time ago seeing it in the case...He never buys or trades either....People really don't go there for sports anymore...Only for magic.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    JC how did he rip you off? ripping off little kids, i remember a guy trading a box of pokemon cards for a 86 fleer jordan Rookie 2 a kid and telling him it wuz a good deal, and the jordan was psa9!!!!!!!! ouch!
  • Options
    what happened...Did he end up keeping the jordan.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    lol, there is a shop here but it sucks. I always wait till there is like 5-10 people around and I will ask about a decent card and he will say like book or over and I am like dang that is high. Then he is like well I can't sell a $50 card for 60% of book or anything. I always get out a box of high end stuff and ask him if he wants to buy some GOOD cards for 40% or less. Then the people start looking at my stuff and I usually sell more cards standing in his shop for like 5 mins than he sells all month.

P.S.- All shop owners are fat and have never talked to a girl. LMAO
  • Options
    lmao...the card shop i go to, the guy is thin...he is about 6'4, 150-170
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    I can't believe u guys are complaining. I travel a lot and I can tell you there are only 4 card shops in ALL of Australia and YOU complain about your prices, look at what I'm expected to pay, but never do, YOU'LL LAUGH YOUR HEAD RIGHT OFF:

Card Mania Australia
    WANT All of Hakeem "the dream"Olajuwon that I don't have.

I have 44% of ALL Hakeems.
  • Options
    2002/03 Flair NBA
    $345.00

2002/03 Fleer Authentix NBA
    $234.95

2002/03 Fleer Hot Prospects NBA
    $284.95

wow, those prices are high.... i could get 3 flair boxes with 345
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    I use to have a card like 3 mins away but he moved to a bigger town about 30 mins away.. His packs were pretty expensive.. He sold all his cards at half-book.. Got some pretty good ones from there too.. Wasn't to good at guessing prices... He pulled a Finest Steve Francis RC when the product first came out and his wife was working one day when I went in there and asked to look at the beckett because I had got a Odom Finest RC and found out that the Francis was $175 then and he had it for $30 and then you get them half off for $15 but I didn't have $15 so I asked if I could do $13 and she did it... I dont think they even knew.. Ended up selling it with acouple other cheap basketball for $175... Also bought a LaVar Arrington Pros & Prospects RC #ed 1000 (wasn't supposse to be released)... He had it at $50 and I bought it for $25 there.. Right after I bought it, it went up to $100, now its at $150..
  • Options
    Unlike Ebay, these shops that you all think are "way overpriced" have to pay rent for the space they are in, they dont have the luxury of matching ebays prices. That is why so many card shops fail, b/c of folks like you who complain, and just buy off of ebay, image. Im sure if rent was free, their prices would be alot lower.

• Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
    i gots 4 card shops near me... one where he charges like 3x for boxes... another where they sell everything for full, if not more price...

and of course... K-Mart & Target image

the best shop outta those..... Target
  • Options

<< <i>

P.S.- All shop owners are fat and have never talked to a girl. LMAO >>

ROFL! u dont know true that is, the one i go 2, he once gave a lady a lower price on an item , cuz hes like "Ima ladys man" LMAO.... this guys a house, i mean he can barely fit in a chair hes so fat...
  • Options
    ps. Target blows, Wal-mart! frickin rocks!!!!!!!1

been pulling gu left n right from there retail!
    even a dual Cwebb/antoine walker jersey!
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
    last time WalMart had cards was like 3 years ago
  • Options
    Walmart here doesn't carry cards!! ARE THEY CRAZY!?!?!?!?? lol. It seems like all card shops seem to be overpriced..

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Options
    i have one local card shop and the owner there is a real nice and cool guy
    lets all the kids come in and sit and play there magic bames and stuff but when i go there i end up talking to him for a good while about all sports,his prices are not too bad about 20 dollars more than what you pay at charm city or so but sometimes i buy from him out of convienience and to keep the money around here. And as far as singles he sells for way less than bv on all of them.
    Great selection of packs and boxes as well gets something new every thursday.
    but i have been to ALOT of shops near here like the ones you speak of.
    I went to one and a guy had a couple of mini helmets of some ok playes selling at double and triple bv
    kinda crazy
    and as for most of the ones trying to screw everyone over they are already rich and just want more money
    I collect all! mostly football- My main collectable wants are Jamal Lewis,Ray Lewis, and cool ass auto's

refs:jeffo81,baird,Romeo,co1lector,Euphoria18,Cardnyou and many more just ask

• Options

<< <i>JC how did he rip you off? ripping off little kids, i remember a guy trading a box of pokemon cards for a 86 fleer jordan Rookie 2 a kid and telling him it wuz a good deal, and the jordan was psa9!!!!!!!! ouch! >>

I don't remember exactly, but I got a Barry Sanders SLU. I gave him something worth more than that. I can't really remember.
    Josh~shuajoe@hotmail.com
    My site.
  • Options
    My local shop is just as bad, the guy has like 4 GU total for sale, and it'll be like a Cardinals triple jersey from Pacific w/ three scrubs, BV $12 (common) that he's selling for $15. LOL you see those in the dollar bin at shows. Also, he only gets low end hobby packs, sells them at ridiculous prices, and will not budge on prices, no matter how much you buy.
  • Options
    i remember my first game used 2 years, I didnt know much about basketball so i never even seen one before. I was amazed at this cheap game used, at least i thought at the time, so i bought it.

It was a shareef jersey that booked 12 and i bought it for 20.lol, i thought since it had a piece of a jersey it would be worth about 50.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Options
    We all know about overhead BigE, but when the store sells more than just sports cards (Comics, Action Figures, Games, Non Sports Cards, memorabilia, etc, the prices should even out more. The owner usually ends up lowering his prices after a couple of weeks, because he can usually gouge the money out of the people who what the new product right away and then dump the rest off for a smaller profit.
  • Options
    the cardshop i go to has a lot of different stuff....about 75% of his store is comics and action figures...Then maybe 20% sports cards and pokemon and magic etc. Then 5% accesories....He has a lot of comics but has 3 glass shelves of sports and 1 of pokemon/magic....He has mostly hockey.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph