Home Precious Metals
Options

Going to be selling some bulk Gold and silver

Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 320 OZ of Canadian maple leaf gold coins - 4 nines. Some are opened but I have never searched them for MS70 coins. I have 10,000 OZ of silver, the bulk being RCM monster boxes, about 1200 OZ of 100 OZ bars, a 1000 (999.somehtings) bar and about 5 bags of 90% face silver US dimes and quarters. Trying to get a better deal than APMEX or Kitco. The $500 face bag of quarters is searched and it is no longer $500 face but only nominally, like $10-20 face shy. One of the Rossie bags is open but I did not search it. PM me if you are interested.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 6, 2023 2:44PM

The checks/ach are going to have to be very specific. I own a company and closing out the pension plan so the funds need to go to specific places within the pension.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2023 5:13PM

Perhaps you may want to try the BST thread for PM sales. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Until your 2nd post, I was going to suggest setting up at a larger local show, like a PNNA one, but not sure that would work with how you need to do it.

When I did, selling some gold for my aunt, I was able to give people a deal but still get more than APMEX and crowd offered.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:
    The checks/ach are going to have to be very specific. I own a company and closing out the pension plan so the funds need to go to specific places within the pension.

Are you closing out a self-storage cache of physical metal for fiat paper fantasies in the middle of a worldwide collapse...

The best thing I can suggest is to have yourself put into a straight jacket. LOL B)

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@Gagagold said:
    Hello members, we are African local community working in gold business. Rigth now we have good stock of gold available for sales or been use as investment capital. We have looking for mandate, buyer or financial partner to take this gold out of Africa. It's genuine and win to win business. Everything are done face to face.
    If you are interested send us a private message.
    phone:+237656169662
    email: gagagoldcommunity@gmail.com

What luck. I have a large steaming pile available for you. Free shipping. Let's trade!

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1: Why couldn't the pension plan administrator allocate checks made out to the company as he sees fit?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@ADG said:

@Gagagold said:
    Hello members, we are African local community working in gold business. Rigth now we have good stock of gold available for sales or been use as investment capital. We have looking for mandate, buyer or financial partner to take this gold out of Africa. It's genuine and win to win business. Everything are done face to face.
    If you are interested send us a private message.
    phone:+237656169662
    email: gagagoldcommunity@gmail.com

What luck. I have a large steaming pile available for you. Free shipping. Let's trade!

Great stuff ! Lol

• Options

@jmski52 said:

@Clackamas1: Why couldn't the pension plan administrator allocate checks made out to the company as he sees fit?

Because we are a small business and we are the administrators.

• Options

@secretstash said:

@Clackamas1 said:

Are you closing out a self-storage cache of physical metal for fiat paper fantasies in the middle of a worldwide collapse...

The best thing I can suggest is to have yourself put into a straight jacket. LOL B)

Actually we are, it is better than jail and my last name is not Biden. Yeah I have to close the pension account out and roll over the funds to an IRA, which does not allow you to hold physical assets.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2023 9:23PM

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

i can take the lot if you don't mind dozens of postal money orders for $999.99 each

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2023 6:41AM

Depending upon who/m you sell them to, expect to get 1099s for both items. You may incur a tax liability. One of the drawbacks of holding PMs is disposal of them. Always buy Buffs or Eagles instead of leafs.

I was going to ask about people snapping up gold bars from Costco. What are they paying, $75 over? When they go to sell what will they get? Spot? 5% back of spot? Have an exit plan before you buy PMs.

• Options
    edited October 9, 2023 5:13AM

@BAJJERFAN said:
    Depending upon who/m you sell them to, expect to get 1099s for both items. You may incur a tax liability. One of the drawbacks of holding PMs is disposal of them. Always buy Buffs or Eagles instead of leafs.

I was going to ask about people snapping up gold bars from Costco. What are they paying, $5 over? When they go to sell what will they get? Spot? 5% back of spot? Have an exit plan before you buy PMs.

This is why this has to be specific. These are held in a pension and the checks need to go to the pension plan. Not a problem for me to delineate that direction. The 1099 will need to go to my company not me personally. It is just an asset transfer within the pension until we retire the pension. I hope that makes sense. My accountants, actuary, and lawyer said this is what I need to do. I personally hate it - I want to just keep it all and am rather pissed I have to do it this way. This is my get out of dodge during a societal breakdown stash that I have to convert to some bull shit paper.

• Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

The moral of the story is make sure you have an developed an exit plan before you ever buy the first ounce, and certainly have options by the time you have accumulated 320 ozt. GD LCK!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

My accountants, actuary, and lawyer said this is what I need to do. I personally hate it - I want to just keep it all and am rather pissed I have to do it this way. This is my get out of dodge during a societal breakdown stash that I have to convert to some bull shit paper.

(Exhibit 1 - for "Why Not to Put Precious Metals into an IRA or a 401K")

A classic case, if I ever saw one. I feel for ya, Clackamas.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.