Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Brag about your pandemic timeframe insanity psycho sales

The pandemic was a good thing for sports card sellers :) Bad thing to say, but admit it, if you sold during the time.

Sold a LOT of stuff to the psycho no sports betting. stuck at home, financial relief thieves, stock losers etc, during that time and proud to say I did so :)

Have any brags on sales that will never occur again ? A couple here, and each is in ebay land history somewhere.

• 22k for the #1 Set registry 2009 Topps UFC Round 1 base set. The buyer has/had it with PWCC vault and never re-registered it.
    Now, would bet it would get maybe 10k

• 7.sumthin k for a run of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Ken Griffey Jr 1989 PSA graded run set.
    Now, would bet it would get a max of 3 k.

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brag about your pandemic timeframe insanity psycho sales...

I wish I could go back to that time frame again...I had the Time Of my Life -- Selling & Buying -- Buying & Selling

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

I sold a dozen 1990 fleer bkb wax boxes for $250 each. The yellow ones. And they sold quickly.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    The last time I sold something? Think it was during the Reagan administration?

Lol, Mike

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

I'll admit it. Basketball rookies: Kobe, Lebron, Iverson, Garnett, Wade, Pippen, Rodman, Stockton, Ray Allen, Yao Ming---Moses Malone was ridiculous to name a few. The one that would never ever occur again..... Kawhi Leonard for 5K.

• Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

I sold a PSA 8 Jordan rc for $27,500 and a PSA 7 for $17,500.

Brian

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2023 7:53AM

A lot of people overspent so bad they will probably never make that
    money back but some of it was free money, i think that had a lot to do with it

I got Zero free money but thankfully I didn't buy a single card during that time frame

I made an absolute fortune selling some firearms though 😊

• Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

@Ridethelightning said:
    The pandemic was a good thing for sports card sellers :) Bad thing to say, but admit it, if you sold during the time.

Sold a LOT of stuff to the psycho no sports betting. stuck at home, financial relief thieves, stock losers etc, during that time and proud to say I did so :)

Have any brags on sales that will never occur again ? A couple here, and each is in ebay land history somewhere.

• 22k for the #1 Set registry 2009 Topps UFC Round 1 base set. The buyer has/had it with PWCC vault and never re-registered it.
      Now, would bet it would get maybe 10k

• 7.sumthin k for a run of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Ken Griffey Jr 1989 PSA graded run set.
      Now, would bet it would get a max of 3 k.

Nice sale on the registered Topps UFC Round 1 set.... where they good grades? My main PC is mma cards

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

Bought a 12 box, 2020 Bowman Hobby Case upon release for $3500, sold it 2 years later to Dave & Adams for $7800. It tanked soon after and they still have it. Boxes sell for about $250 now.

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold Dr J rookie in PSA 8 for $9500
    1984 Donruss FASC box for $3100

Got burned on a few purchases, however overall crazy positive.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

Sold a 1980 Topps Baseball vending case for $48000. I made out big. Although it was early enough that the buyer sold the boxes for $4000 each so he made out even bigger

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a 1970 Aaron SGC 9 (none higher) at auction in 17 or 18 for around $550. I got an anonymous offer from a buyer through the auction house for $3,500 in 21 and did NOT sell.

Does that count?

Not sure who's the idiot there, but since I don't sell I don't sell. Still have it.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    I bought a 1970 Aaron SGC 9 (none higher) at auction in 17 or 18 for around $550. I got an anonymous offer from a buyer through the auction house for $3,500 in 21 and did NOT sell.

Does that count?

Not sure who's the idiot there, but since I don't sell I don't sell. Still have it.

In that case, I'll give you $10,000 for it. :p

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@gameusedhoop said:
    Bought a 12 box, 2020 Bowman Hobby Case upon release for $3500, sold it 2 years later to Dave & Adams for $7800. It tanked soon after and they still have it. Boxes sell for about $250 now.

Wow

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex