Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New member… So I have this MJ card collection

I think I’m ready to sell but I don’t know what my best course of action should be. Do I send the whole thing to get graded or just the ones I know are valuable? I know the scoring kings in the upper left can bring some money but not sure about the others. This is just some of them. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I would look at closed ebay sales of cards in the same condition, subtract 15% for fees, then the grading fees and expenses of getting them to PSA and back to see if any cards are worth grading. Once you have some picked out then look at them honestly for condition and figure they will grade lower than you think. Your Scoring Kings card is nicer than the PSA 3 that's been on ebay but not really that much nicer. It maybe gets a 4 or 5. What would it sell for as a 4?

I have a bunch of low-dollar jordan cards too and maybe a dollar box at a show or something? Some I already sent in and can't sell at grading cost.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2023 11:08PM

Other than the Scoring Kings card (assuming that it isn't smashed in that screwdown case) and a bunch of the limited inserts, it looks like pretty much all the rest of your cards are not going to worth the cost of grading UNLESS they get a 10 and are in perfect condition. I see a lot of corner issues on some of your cards. I'd first sort your cards by condition, 10's (which will probably be 9's) and 9's. For the most part, 8's will be around break even or under for a lot of cards, but depends on how rare the insert is. Regular issue cards are probably going to have to 9 at a min.

• Options

Thanks for the help guys. I’ll try to evaluate and go from there.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

That scoring kings needs a bigger screwdown in case of nuclear strike!

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

Lol been in that case for almost 20 years. Served it purpose I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the group!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RFutch said:
    Lol been in that case for almost 20 years. Served it purpose I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

As Rufuss mentioned those old school screw down holders if overtightened tended to compress the card and leave an odd shape. Be careful with yours.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.