Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FlyingAl Coin Photography - $10 Photos! (Pause of Service Announcement in Thread)

FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 12, 2024 4:07PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I figured I'd try something new here.

I've been taking a few pics for some forum members, and I think I want to take it more widespread. Here is what I'm offering:
1) Obverse close up
2) Reverse close up
3) Slab shot
4) (If requested, I will do a composite of the closeups and label on a black background, but this will be $2 extra per coin.)

Example photo set:

$2 Extra For This Shot

Extra example photos:

A few things to mention:
1) I don't insure my collection (it's too low value to do so) so your coins would be uninsured while in my possession. I do not take responsibility for any damage or loss of coins unless such an event is due to my negligence.

2) With that said, I will try to keep the amount of time your coins are in my possession to a minimum. That leads to point three.

3) I will only accept one submission at a time (so it will be first come first serve basis if needed). This means I won't accept a package from a different member if I already have someone's coins in my possession to keep turnaround quick.

4) Cost is $10 per coin ($12 if you want a black background shot), you will pay for shipping both ways. There is no charge if the images are unsatisfactory (this will be decided by both parties within reason).

5) Editing seems to take about 5 days for 15 coins (received to images sent via email), but based on how my schedule at school lines up this could be longer or shorter.

6) US coins only. (I will consider world coins if it is a small submission (<5).

7) Maximum submission size of 15 coins. If you have more, feel free to PM me to see if we can work something out.

8) You own the photos and are free to post them as is however you like, however I can also use the photos for my purposes. Alterations of the images will have to be approved by me pursuant to the copyright of the images.

9) By sending a coin or item for me to image, you agree to these terms in full.

If interested, please PM me. I reserve the right to reject any request for any reason. Images will be sent via email.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

Comments

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice images!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    GrantuGrantu Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

PM sent

• Options

TTT

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful quality photos!

• Options
    jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea! I'll keep your services in mind.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

So beautiful and very professional photos for a very reasonable/inexpensive cost.

• Options

I think that's a great idea to generate revenue. You definetly have the talent. Those photos look great.
    I hope it works out for you.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your slab shots are outstanding! WOW!

• Options
    CBTL2CBTL2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Have you ever considered going to coin shows and offering same day service? Or working with coin clubs going to their towns for a couple days to do photo shoots? Coin clubs could take preorders to meet your minimum to make it worth while. I don't know how much room you need to work in but a mobile unit could possibly work. I think you have a great opportunity to do business with fellow collectors. Wishing you all the best. Where are you located?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Truly beautiful photos...FlyingAL is totally professional, and produces highly accurate photos...Honestly, my preference are these photos over TV's!

• Options

TTT.

• Options

TTT.

• Options

TTT, I'd be happy to work out a deal on an individual basis if needed.

• Options
    edited July 13, 2023 4:07PM

TTT.

• Options

TTT.

• Options

TTT.

• Options

Great photos!

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are excellent photos, particularly in capturing luster and fine detail on uncirculated coins. Do you have any photos of circulated coins in various grades?

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

@Barberian said:
    These are excellent photos, particularly in capturing luster and fine detail on uncirculated coins. Do you have any photos of circulated coins in various grades?

Unfortunately I do not. That’s way to far outside of my collecting range for me to own any to image, and I have yet to receive any from other collectors.

However, if you want to send some to me, always remember that if you’re unhappy with the photos they are free.

• Options

great photos!

• Options

• Options
    edited February 4, 2024 5:42PM

Ah, what a trip down memory lane. I've updated the OP post with new images as I shoot them, so I can now see my improvement based on some of the older shots.

• Options

Still some very fine images!!! You know, PCGS may have an opening in the photo department.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Fantastic image quality. Great job. I may reach out soon.

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

The 1910 Saint PR67 is mind-blowing, such a beautiful coin minted 114 years ago.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent photography! Reasonably priced. I can see you branching out with ads in Coin World and Red Book!

• Options
    bretsanbretsan Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Wow, fantastic photos!

• Options

Love this one:

• Options

Bumb for da man!!!

• Options

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

As my senior year comes to a close, it is becoming apparent that my imaging will have to take a break as I start college. Depending on which school I choose, that end of imaging could be as soon as late May or as late as late August.

I will be turning down requests with a higher frequency, especially if this announcement causes a flood of requests. I apologize for any inconvenience.

• Options

Highly recommend. Hurry before an education takes affect...LOL

• Options

College decisions have locked in the final day for my services.

All final shipments must be postmarked before or on May 15th. I will consider a few exceptions if absolutely necessary. Thank you all for your support!