Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

No CSNS show for me. Very,very disappointed.

goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been looking forward to the CSNS show for a long time. I have attended all of the shows at Schaumburg since 2013.

I had to miss the Fun show this year because my sister was in the hospital. She passed January 19th. Since then, the CSNS show has been moved to the top of my priority list. I have had hotel reservations for several months. I was planning to drop off some coins at Great Collections to auction and have Messy Desk image some of my coins. There were a couple of coins that I have seen online that I wanted to take a look at. I was also going to eat at my favorite restaurant all 3 nights.

Last Thursday I woke up not feeling well. By evening I had a temperature of 100.5 and was aching all over. I twice tested negative for Covid. I probably had the flu. I was not much better Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I was some better on Monday.

My wife did a great job of nursing me back to health. I have lost 4 pounds. It would not hurt me to lose some weight.

I was going to leave home to drive to the show early this morning. Yesterday afternoon I had my wife cancel my reservation. I just do not feel up to traveling so far.

If you are going to the show have a super time and write a show report!

Comments

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that you are/were under the weather, there will always be next year.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

That must be a big disappointment for you, it would be a heartbreaker for me for sure!
    Last years CSNS was the first one since the pandemic and now you have to deal with another set back, get well soon golden.

I for one will fill you in.

Raybo

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you feel better soon!

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2023 6:44PM

Hope you get well, same thing happens to me, always before a coin show :/ ! I had the flu during a show (didn’t know I had it) once, looked down at a Morgan, when I looked up I could barely see a couple feet in front of me. Terrible experience, and I send my prayers to you. :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry and I bet it’s tough to break your continuous attendance streak going back decades. I’m glad you’re listening to your body and realize that your immune system is in a weakened state - not good when having to be around others.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a major bummer, sorry you weren’t able to make it. I will be there all day tomorrow, so if there’s any coins that you really wanted to look at, please send me a pm and I would be happy to stop at those tables and take some good videos and pictures of the coins to send to you. I know it’s not the same as seeing them in hand, but I’m happy to be of service if that would help you.

• Options
    LuxorLuxor Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that golden. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang, sorry to hear this. I hope you bounce back soon. Do share what your favorite restaurant is though. Some of us might be able to check it out.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keyman64 said:
    Dang, sorry to hear this. I hope you bounce back soon. Do share what your favorite restaurant is though. Some of us might be able to check it out.

Check out The Rose Garden Cafe on Higgins in Elk Grove Village. It is family owned and has been there for years. They will move to a new location, just down the street, later in the Spring.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden ... Sorry to hear of your illness. I am sure we will get show reports, but that is not nearly as good as being there. Sort of like drinking beer through a sock. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Riley1955Riley1955 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @golden ... Sort of like drinking beer through a sock. ;) Cheers, RickO

Something I've never considered! hmmmm....

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I first read the post, I thought you were going to skip the show for reasons other than being ill.

I'm glad you're gonna be OK.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @golden ... Sorry to hear of your illness. I am sure we will get show reports, but that is not nearly as good as being there. Sort of like drinking beer through a sock. ;) Cheers, RickO

I don't see the problem. Good brewers always filter their beer.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your kind words, my friend!
    Too bad for you. Hope your feeling better? I hope these reports from the Central States, bring you joy, to as actually being
    there?
    Wait til next year..
    ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file