Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Look out for gregscoopy

Hi guys,

With Todd’s permission I wanted to warn you about a PM I received that seems to fit the pattern of recent scams on here that have duped several members. gregscoopy PM’d me in response to a WTB thread I posted, claiming that a third party has cards I need and I should email him. Again, this fits the pattern. You can see the screenshot below. Buyers beware!

Dan

Yaz Master Set
#1 Gino Cappelletti master set
#1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does the scam work? Sorry I hadn't heard about it.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    How does the scam work? Sorry I hadn't heard about it.

This third party, If they’re even a real person, is not here on CU, which should be the first red flag. I think in the past people have been duped into sending payment via PP F&F or via some other unprotected method. I’m not sure the details, but I know there were several members who were out the money and never received the cards.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Got a couple of messages from him. The broken english does not help sell the authenticity.....

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

I received a similar message about Ben Hogan golf cards I am looking for.. I have gotten this same type of message before. If you look at the profile of gregscoopy, he just joined on November 9 and I immediately got his message. Please be aware!!!!!

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just keep seeing Greg’s Poopy.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.