Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Scammer Alert

I just got this PM from davebe and it sounded a bit dubious.

korder has 1971 Topps Baseball PSA 7/8 "Black Beauties" for sale in good condition Here’s his email korderfreeman@gmail.com

So I searched around and found not only has this account only been active 2 days but users in the
B/S/T US Coins forums have been getting similar PM's and are warning each other about this scam.

Just a heads up.

Comments

• Options

It seems this individual is PMing anyone on the forum

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fightfraud24 said:
    I just got this PM from davebe and it sounded a bit dubious.

korder has 1971 Topps Baseball PSA 7/8 "Black Beauties" for sale in good condition Here’s his email korderfreeman@gmail.com

So I searched around and found not only has this account only been active 2 days but users in the
    B/S/T US Coins forums have been getting similar PM's and are warning each other about this scam.

Just a heads up.

Pretty lazy scammer to offer a PSA 7/8 "in good condition" IMO.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

gmail is first red flag for me

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a similar scam a few months ago, with one “member” PMing us, telling us to email a third party who had cards we needed.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I received a similar PM in Aug. from a "New member" Selkome804.
    I asked our Todd (MOD) to ban the scammer. The account is still active.

"Aikmanson1 has 2001 Topps Chrome Retrofractor / Refractors that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should email him and see if he still have it for sale. Here's his email freeman_corey@aol.com"

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping for a PM from the "Scammer" Yep they might have some unopened football racks for me.... :#

• Options

I got a message from the user, as well.
    korder must have a great collection of rare cards and coins, because other members are mentioning it in other sections of this forum, too.

I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Miles McBride (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), Alek Manoah (MLB), John Means (MLB), etc.
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hmmm, this is interesting. He reached out to me that he had a 78 empty football wax box after I posted I was looking for one. We settled on $30 and he gave me some crazy gmail to send payment to. I was actually going to buy it but put in a bad email address because it was one of those ridiculously difficult emails with 15 letters jumbled up so after a failed attempt by me I called the deal off. If he is a scammer he is a low end scammer. Lol

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2022 12:20PM

@VintagemanEd said:
    Hmmm, this is interesting. He reached out to me that he had a 78 empty football wax box after I posted I was looking for one. We settled on $30 and he gave me some crazy gmail to send payment to. I was actually going to buy it but put in a bad email address because it was one of those ridiculously difficult emails with 15 letters jumbled up so after a failed attempt by me I called the deal off. If he is a scammer he is a low end scammer. Lol

Perhaps, the OP believes it is a scam, but in reality, it is a legit seller abusing the pm system for marketing? xD

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@VintagemanEd said:

The OP believes it is a scam when in reality it is a legit seller abusing the pm system for marketing. xD

You may wish to do further research.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@VintagemanEd said:

The OP believes it is a scam when in reality it is a legit seller abusing the pm system for marketing. xD

Totally wrong! This is 100% a scam. no if, ands or buts about it.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports