Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Indian Head $2 1/2 Quarter Eagle 1914-D – Strong Example – UK 🇬🇧

DuncanWylieWilsonDuncanWylieWilson Posts: 98 ✭✭

🇺🇸 Indian Head $2 1/2 Quarter Eagle 1914-D

A pleasing example with trace lustre on both the obverse and reverse. Obverse wiped but a good, collectible example all-round.

🏷 Buy It Now - £350 GBP / $421 USD

Postage on top at buyer’s cost, choice and risk.

I ship worldwide! 📦✈️ 🌍

Royal Mail Tracked International - $11.60

Royal Mail Tracked & Signed International - $11.75

💷 Payment via bank transfer to UK business bank account, Wise, domestic USD wire, cryptocurrency, and PayPal friends and family are all accepted.

Buyer covers fees.

Thank you! 🌟

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good deal. What could go wrong ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

Nothing if self responsibility is accepted. If the buyer pays for insurance and the package goes missing, I will refund and pursue the claim in my own time.

If the buyer choses not to pay for insurance I won't refund.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

Nothing if self responsibility is accepted. If the buyer pays for insurance and the package goes missing, I will refund and pursue the claim in my own time.

I guess I needed a sarcasm emoji. What could go wrong ? EVERYTHING. as the seller it’s your responsibility to deliver the goods. You insure to protect yourself or you self insure. THAT is the way it is done here, eBay, everywhere. The fact you want a no protection payment and offer no insured delivery is going to get you nowhere here but I’m sure you’re the only one that didn’t get it.

Goodness, Jim, you could have just told me you were a Biden voter and saved the jargon.

• Options

@TomB said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

I guess I needed a sarcasm emoji. What could go wrong ? EVERYTHING. as the seller it’s your responsibility to deliver the goods. You insure to protect yourself or you self insure. THAT is the way it is done here, eBay, everywhere. The fact you want a no protection payment and offer no insured delivery is going to get you nowhere here but I’m sure you’re the only one that didn’t get it.

Goodness, Jim, you could have just told me you were a Biden voter and saved the jargon.

DWW, you may quickly find yourself with limited ability to post, or banned entirely, if you continue to bring politics into your threads. PCGS moderators take a very dim view of politics being used in threads, especially when meant to insult or demean another member.

Regardless, we have had a very longstanding tradition (in writing somewhere on the boards, but perhaps removed long ago) of only posting in our own BST threads once per day so as to allow everyone a chance at keeping their threads to the top.

I definitely respect the rule regarding posting and thank you for bringing this to my attention. If I do post more regularly on here I will keep this in mind. This is something which seems to play out on other forums and groups too, so I’ll act upon this.

Regarding the moderation and regulation of groups and forums, it is entirely up to the moderators whether or not they want me here. I’m here to sell and discuss freely. If this is not a free forum then it’s definitely not for me.

I am libertarian through and through and I’m quite frankly tired of the rules and red tape stifling us all these days.

If what you’re saying is true then PCGS and the lot should have no more tolerance for my Biden remark than for Jim’s whining.

Cheers!

Duncan. ⭐️

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

DWW, you may quickly find yourself with limited ability to post, or banned entirely, if you continue to bring politics into your threads. PCGS moderators take a very dim view of politics being used in threads, especially when meant to insult or demean another member.

Regardless, we have had a very longstanding tradition (in writing somewhere on the boards, but perhaps removed long ago) of only posting in our own BST threads once per day so as to allow everyone a chance at keeping their threads to the top.

Tom is 100% right on all counts.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

@TomB said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

Tom is 100% right on all counts.

Thank you for your indispensable contribution, clove.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you be willing to ship your coins to a well established forum member prior to being paid?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@TomB said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

I definitely respect the rule regarding posting and thank you for bringing this to my attention. If I do post more regularly on here I will keep this in mind. This is something which seems to play out on other forums and groups too, so I’ll act upon this.

Regarding the moderation and regulation of groups and forums, it is entirely up to the moderators whether or not they want me here. I’m here to sell and discuss freely. If this is not a free forum then it’s definitely not for me.

I am libertarian through and through and I’m quite frankly tired of the rules and red tape stifling us all these days.

If what you’re saying is true then PCGS and the lot should have no more tolerance for my Biden remark than for Jim’s whining.

Cheers!

Duncan. ⭐️

This is a privately owned and operated message board to discuss coins. You didn't bother to read or follow the rules. Just whined and complained and insulted.

I would invite you to take your comments and business elsewhere.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Would you be willing to ship your coins to a well established forum member prior to being paid?

@PerryHall said:

Good bye

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

After reading this back and forth, I'll just sat nothing else. @JimTyler However I believe Jim is right. ;)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@lermish said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@TomB said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

@DuncanWylieWilson said:

@JimTyler said:

Thank you, Jim.

Cheers!

Duncan. ⭐️

This is a privately owned and operated message board to discuss coins. You didn't bother to read or follow the rules. Just whined and complained and insulted.

I would invite you to take your comments and business elsewhere.

Privately owned, privately run.

Like I said, I’m a libertarian, if the moderators don’t want me here they’re welcome to remove me.

Feel free to report me for gross misconduct. 👍🏻

• Options
    DuncanWylieWilsonDuncanWylieWilson Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited July 11, 2022 12:07AM

I’m a well respected dealer in the UK.

It’s common practice here to just let the free market take its course and let the buyer choose which method they would like their coins shipped via.

Insured shipping is more expensive here, but it covers the buyer. Uninsured is less expensive and doesn’t cover them. What is so hard to understand about that?

If you choose not to insure your home and you lose it in a house fire, who do you run to?

The simple fact of the matter is you have a choice. I am not forcing anybody to buy from me. If you do not want to buy from me, don’t. I have sold thousands of coins over the last two years and shipped globally. While I am by no means a massive dealer, I do sell on a regular basis and I have a plethora of positive feedback. If anybody requires references I can provide them. I operate heavily on Instagram and The Silver Forum.

I respect that this forum is U.S.-oriented, but I nevertheless wanted to try this out sales wise.

Everybody is entitled to their piece, so I have no problem with you chaps hammering either me or my post. It’s just laughable that you seem to be needing spoon fed.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

I would be willing to ship the buyer’s coins to the buyer once payment has been received.

Alternatively the buyer is welcome to buy from me on The Silver Forum where I have 314 positive feedback: https://www.thesilverforum.com/profile/16979-duncanwyliewilson/

• Options

For the conspiracy theorists out there, feel free to message me on The Silver Forum where I am more than happy to reply to prove that it really is me. 👍🏻⭐️

• Options

I am equally happy to respond via my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/wilsonnumismatics/

Again, I’m willing to prove that this page also belongs to me by providing a video of the coins with name and date and talking over it to the concerned party.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you be willing to take regular PayPal+3%?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Would you be willing to take regular PayPal+3%?

Hi Perry.

I hope you are well and thank you for the first comment relating to my post here.

I’m more than happy to take any of the following payment methods if you’d like to take this lovely Indian head quarter eagle:

Bank transfer to UK business bank account, Wise, domestic USD wire, cryptocurrency, and PayPal friends and family.

While insured shipping is expensive it is available, and I’m more than happy to quote you for this if you wish.

The tracked/signed methods are uninsured.

Feel free to check out my Instagram or Silver Forum pages for feedback. I’m also happy to discuss anything in private message or via WhatsApp or Facebook.

I have a video showing the lustre on this coin but I can’t seem to upload it here. This is available on my Instagram but also happy to forward it to you via any messaging app.

Thank you! ⭐️

Duncan.

• Options

Are you guys starting to question this is from Great Britain. I mean not one bloody, blimey, or Bob’s your uncle.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Are you guys starting to question this is from Great Britain. I mean not one bloody, blimey, or Bob’s your uncle.

Gentlemen, I must say I do understand your concern regarding people getting scammed or ripped off, and it’s not always enough for people to just take a man at his word.

I can provide a name and date with these coins and a video with them. I have multiple references and I can provide additional proof of ownership and location. If anybody can suggest what proof you might like to see then just comment here and I will do my best to facilitate.

It’s clear that we have got off on the wrong foot and I really don’t want that to be the case. I’m not here to cause a stir. I’m just trying to reach out to potential international buyers and if they have too many worries or concerns about this, I quite understand.

Is it possible to upload videos on here? Perhaps I could upload a video with the coins and show them off a bit more with name and date and talk over it too?

I really am only trying to make a few sales here and reach out. Some sellers in the UK don’t bother with the headache of selling internationally but I at least want to try.

Thank you.

Duncan.

• Options

All it takes is for somebody to message me on The Silver Forum to confirm that it is indeed my account and go through my feedback. You’re welcome to check my Instagram too but if you’re looking for feedback I’d recommend checking my profile out on TSF: https://www.thesilverforum.com/profile/16979-duncanwyliewilson/

• Options

Please note that this lovely Indian head 1914-D has sold on The Silver Forum where it was cross-posted. See details below.

• Options

Regarding the feedback, here are a few examples but please check them for yourself…

• Options

Like I said, feel free to message me on TSF and I will confirm it is me.

I do understand that you’re just being vigilant.

• Options

You really have trouble reading between the lines. IT WAS A JOKE !!! You’re welcome to hang around all you like but in all seriousness this fat, balding 67 year old has a better chance of an orgy with the Female Swedish beach volley ball team that you selling a coin here given your terms.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this seller is legit and there is a video on Instagram showing the luster on the coin. However, as soon as the politics came in I lost interest. I've walked away from dealers that were just too over the top, even if I agreed with some of their views. Not liking the rules or regulations here does not equate to being stifled, going thru red tape or having "freedoms" taken away.

• Options

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    I believe this seller is legit and there is a video on Instagram showing the luster on the coin. However, as soon as the politics came in I lost interest. I've walked away from dealers that were just too over the top, even if I agreed with some of their views. Not liking the rules or regulations here does not equate to being stifled, going thru red tape or having "freedoms" taken away.

Point taken.

I apologise for breaching the rule regarding political jibes. In all honesty, I don’t care much for politics. It was more of a kick back at what was being said and I’m sorry if I have upset or offended anybody here.

We definitely got off on the wrong foot and my political comment has clearly made it worse.

I really am just trying to reach out here. That’s all. This forum is different to other places where I operate and I respect that.

Again, apologies to anybody who was offended, particularly Jim to whom it was directed.

The other discussion surrounding reliability and legitimacy is fine. It’s a matter of opinion, but I shouldn’t have thrown politics into the mix.

Thank you.

Duncan. ⭐️

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    You really have trouble reading between the lines. IT WAS A JOKE !!! You’re welcome to hang around all you like but in all seriousness this fat, balding 67 year old has a better chance of an orgy with the Female Swedish beach volley ball team that you selling a coin here given your terms.

Jim, I’m happy to take jokes but I didn’t see it as that. If we were in person I’d be able to pick up on your tone and character, something which typing and tech doesn’t permit.

I totally understand and respect what you’re getting at. We are of differing opinions here but I know where you’re coming from and I get it.

I’m simply here to see if anybody does want to deal with me and if they don’t, so be it. These are the terms I operate by in the UK. Just because it works for me here doesn’t mean it’ll work for me when dealing with a U.S.- based client.

In my response to you (given I’ve quoted you) I’d like to direct my apology to you regarding the Biden remark.

That was uncalled for and unrelated here, and I can well understand why moderators and PCGS have no time or space for it

I’m sorry.

Kind regards,

Duncan.

This discussion has been closed.