Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WOW PSA 14 Months and this is the Best You Can Do!

Afternoon,

Just got this back today in an order of 36 Cards of which 21 we're 1945 Mutoscope Artist's Pin-ups Non Sports Cards Set.

This Card Visibility Perfect has one version for the 64 Card Base set. Then there is a second version (With Black Box) in the Master set that is much rarer than the No Black Box Version. Only 15 With Black Box have been graded compared to 79 of the No Black Box version!

So which version do you think this is?

Received today!

In have included a picture of what an Actual No Black Box looks like. 2 Rounds of QC and we couldn't catch this? Really! Now I have to pay to send this back and wait who friggin knows how long?

Sheesh!

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took my eyes a bit to head far enough south to see the box 🙃. Sure enough…there it is. And a beauty at that.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

not good at all -- and so frustrating

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Retro babes are Kind of Hot!
    :)

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

QC was obviously not paying attention to the box....well, at least the black box, anyways.

• Options
    ArmyManArmyMan Posts: 40 ✭✭

That sucks, I imagine during the "GRADING" portion of the Submission tracker where you have the "Report Error" option, it listed this card as "Black Box" so you assumed it was good to go, then it turned out to be totally opposite

• Options
    GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Good lord! Cards from that series are at the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
    https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/763930

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had similar problems with cards and contacted PSA informing them of their mistakes and they have NEVER fixed them.

I really don't understand what is going on, but when you inform them of an error, you get the same response that the item/s are being researched and in the end they never seem to get fixed.

Sent ion several 1989 Topps Doubleheaders with my last submission, they refused to grade them even though it shows they do. contacted them several times, got the same message back every time, and cards were returned to me ungraded.

HORRIBLE customer service.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 553 ✭✭✭✭

I understand your frustration. Something similar happened to be. The Topps card was a Foil card and yet, they didn't include it in the flip. Not sure how that could have been missed. Supposedly flips are checked at least twice by different individuals. Sold it and ended up taking a slight hit. So frustrating. I feel that on their errors, they should prioritize them to make it right.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭

Now I have to pay to send this back and wait who friggin knows how long?

Why would you have to pay to send it back? Just fill out a CRC ticket and they should take care of it. I'd imagine it will take less then 2 months for a mechanical.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:

Why would you have to pay to send it back? Just fill out a CRC ticket and they should take care of it. I'd imagine it will take less then 2 months for a mechanical.

I sent one back for them to fix and it took several months. This was a card for my registry set that I had notified them on when first submitted, so I needed it fixed to add to my set.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

There's about to be a few less board members in the morning. Lol

Brian

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭

@ArmyMan said:
    That sucks, I imagine during the "GRADING" portion of the Submission tracker where you have the "Report Error" option, it listed this card as "Black Box" so you assumed it was good to go, then it turned out to be totally opposite

And I suppose your Veiled attempt to paint my situation as being my fault is just your way of being a Good Member here! Nothing personal, but go away and bother someday else please, Thanks!

I checked, its listed Correct in the Original Submission form and in The Review order Tab as well. So go pound Sand.

Anyway:

@RufussCkingston said:

I am not familiar with CRC Ticket or whatever that it is, some of us aren't up to par on our Acronyms! How exactly are they (PSA) going to Facilitate this cards journey back to Newport, are they going to send a Car...No, I'm going to Pay postage and Ins. to send it back to them! And then probably wait 6 months to get my Card back! For a Card with a retail value of maybe $50-$60 bucks....Why?

The point of this exercise is to Point out the Fact that HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE BLACK BOX AND TYPE ON THE LABEL "NO BLACK BOX" HOW? ITS SO OBVIOUS IT WANTS TO BITE YOU!!!!!! COME ON!!!!

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

I am not familiar with CRC Ticket or whatever that it is, some of us aren't up to par on our Acronyms! How exactly are they (PSA) going to Facilitate this cards journey back to Newport, are they going to send a Car...No, I'm going to Pay postage and Ins. to send it back to them! And then probably wait 6 months to get my Card back! For a Card with a retail value of maybe $50-$60 bucks....Why?

When I had to send some cards back to PSA (for a slightly different reason) they sent me a prepaid shipping label. It's not impossible they would do the same in your case.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    I am not familiar with CRC Ticket or whatever that it is.......

Neil, CRC is customer request center and there's a sticky thread at the top of the forum that should help you.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Neil, the CRC link is when you go to My Account to check on your orders. You fill out the form and add scans or photos to show why there is an error. Maybe send your with box and without box so they see the difference. Anyway they'll send you a fedex label. The last one I did they received it 10/18 and entered 10/19. They were fixed and shipped back 11/1. I think I had to fill out a sub form and declare values, and even had to put in a credit card for shipping charges, but I was not charged.

You'll be ok. Nice card too!

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Popcorn girl has nothing over on this babe.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

She looks like Drew Barrymore.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    ArmyManArmyMan Posts: 40 ✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

@ArmyMan said:

And I suppose your Veiled attempt to paint my situation as being my fault is just your way of being a Good Member here! Nothing personal, but go away and bother someday else please, Thanks!

I checked, its listed Correct in the Original Submission form and in The Review order Tab as well. So go pound Sand.

Anyway:

@RufussCkingston said:

The point of this exercise is to Point out the Fact that HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE BLACK BOX AND TYPE ON THE LABEL "NO BLACK BOX" HOW? ITS SO OBVIOUS IT WANTS TO BITE YOU!!!!!! COME ON!!!!

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

Hey Neil, no devious veiled attempt at all, just acknowledging that you did do your due diligence, just like all of us would. I know this is very aggravating man, and I hope this situation gets corrected

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@alifaxwa2 said:
    She looks like Drew Barrymore.

I'd say more like Malin Akerman

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was expecting Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

How exactly are they (PSA) going to Facilitate this cards journey back to Newport, are they going to send a Car..

NO.... The CEO of PSA is going to fly in on the company Private Jet and then take a limo to your house and pick up the card. But unfortunately, it will be returned to you in a PWE!