Home Sports Talk

Funny Peyton Manning - Joe Thomas Story

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/peyton-manning-browns-player-cleveland

As Thomas tells it, just ahead of the 2015 trade deadline, Denver was seeking a tackle to replace injured starter Ryan Clady. Their top target was Thomas, a soon-to-be Hall of Famer, who was in the midst of another losing season by the lake. There was only one problem: Thomas didn’t want to leave Cleveland for a contender. He aspired to win in Cleveland rather than take the easy way out (just like LeBron, right?). Manning caught wind of Thomas’ hesitation and phoned the tackle to suggest he break wind and then some.

"[Manning]’s like, ‘Alright, here’s the game plan. Go into your GM’s office when he’s not there, pull your pants down and take a s--- on his desk. Then they can’t do anything but trade you, and then you can come win a Super Bowl with me,’"

An amused Thomas responded by telling Manning, "Peyton, I appreciate your humor as always. I appreciate that you want me. That really gives me a lot of warm and fuzzies," Thomas told his podcast listeners. "But I’m not gonna be able to poop on my GM’s desk."

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is funny lol. Manning definitely has a funny side to him. Kudos to Thomas wanting to stay loyal to Cleveland

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very funny. Thanks for sharing.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peyton would certainly be an expert on dropping trou in places you're not supposed to.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh boy...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Thomas is the only athlete or "famous" person I have ever met as an adult. we attended the 2008 Cleveland Sport, Travel and Outdoor Show and he was sitting at one of the booths, talking and signing autographs. we went past, shook hands and wished him well, not realizing the career he would have. though he probably weighed close to 280 at the time he looked like a normal guy sitting in the chair except for two things: he was "ripped" and he had the NECK that only a pro-athlete has.

Joe Thomas is a dying breed of NFL player, loyal to a fault and dedicated to his Team and teammates. make you think of any other current Cleveland sports figure(s)?? :)