Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox slight favorites to win game 6, forcing game 7.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

However, game 7 gets kinda dicey. If the offense doesn't wake up, it could be game, set, match on Saturday.

I had them long ago as toast because of their horrific August, but I gotta say, they came back to make their season proud.

GO SOX!!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

GO SOX!!!

Win the next 6!!!!!!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am pulling for them. just need to get hot for a couple more weeks!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭

Eovaldi's the go to man again!
    Lets get behind him for this one as it's a do or or die situation.
    The Sox need for him to give them a top notch game today as he has done in the past.

Go Sox!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have Faith in Nathan. do or die though. all hands on deck.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Whatever happens it has been an exciting year for them and I have enjoyed it. We are not privy to what Bloom had obligations to do from the higher ups but he did get them under the salary cap which he needed to do. He picked up a few good players on the cheap. We shall soon see if it was enough.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulling eovaldi again?!

Pitchers duel, and that’s not good Galway through the game 1 run down

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Snatching defeat from somewhere

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I really wanted that $50 bet to pay off

• Options

Congratulations to the Astros as they had a great series.
    The Red Sox put everything they had into it but came up against a much stronger team. It was a fun season so all that is left now is to prepare for next year. They have signifiant needs for Bloom to fill this offseason and now that they are under the salary cap they can fill them.
    It's in Blooms court now!

Thank you to the whole Red Sox team!

See you in March if if me and my old bones survive the wintering I will make a $100 next time.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great season. A pleasant suprise

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

They made it interesting, BUT, only scoring 3 runs in 3 games was not indicative of a Championship team. Where was the team that hit 2 Grand Slams in one game??

They sure swung at more not called balls than strikes. Had they taken more pitches, and gotten on base, things might have been different. Opportunities presented themselves, but again, key hits were elusive. Ki Ke's rarely dropped ball, Verdugo's decision to steal second all kinda added up. Eovaldi pitched his heart out, but had no offense to support his effort.

Hopefully, next season has a different result.

Congrats Astros.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they made it further than I thought, good season by the Sox.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 12:47PM

@perkdog said:

I agree. Preseason, many folks had the Sox for 4th in the division. Great season for them even if it didn't end in the WS. Much better than my Stankees did :D
    P.S. = I miss the Perkies!!

Daniel
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another reason I wish we never brought back Cora. He (being the mastermind cheater himself) can't call out the Astros for cheating again.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

No game 7. Now if the Braves will just follow suit

• Options

Go Braves

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@perkdog said:

I agree. Preseason, many folks had the Sox for 4th in the division. Great season for them even if it didn't end in the WS. Much better than my Stankees did :D
    P.S. = I miss the Perkies!!

Yeah, if I had told you they would have finished a game ahead of the fourth place Blue Jays you wouldn't have seen a significant difference. Postseason is postseason, but if they lose the last game of the regular season they're fighting Toronto for fourth place in a one game playoff.