Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help! Why Can't I List Stuff on E-Bay?

thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

A couple of weeks ago I tried rolling over some auctions to relist and they wouldn't re-list them until I updated the Item Specifics. So I Tried and after a couple of hours I gave up!

So I took a week and half off, thinking my problem would go away and of corse it hasn't! Today, Although it did allow me to Re-List those previous auctions except for three I could never figure out what they wanted information wise from me.

Today I tried with 3 different New listings and tried for 2 hours and could never come up with enough info as to what they want.....Every time I'd hit to list them I get a red message at the top of the page saying "There is a problem with this listing, please try again in a moment!.

So I Can't List as of right now! nYEFEEREEHUHHYYYY!!

So your gonna say Call E-Bay....No!::::I don't want to have another conversation where I understand every other word...NO!!!!!!

So I'm hoping some of you have had some similar issues and may know some fixes?!!!

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil

Comments

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

What type of items are you trying to list? Some items don’t fit their new criteria like card lots, but you can tweak the description to be able to list.
    It’s slow to list, way too many criteria and redundant and repetitive criteria. But I never had a problem. What are you trying to list and what error are you receiving?

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭

There was an update they required sellers to do. I am not sure what it entailed, as i ignored it and figured i'd deal with it later if/when I tried to sell again. i got several messages asking me to do it. I think it required linking a bank account and maybe more? Not sure, but if you didn't do this, that may be your problem finally catching up to you.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    Mo_MentumMo_Mentum Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

@mrmopar said:
    There was an update they required sellers to do. I am not sure what it entailed, as i ignored it and figured i'd deal with it later if/when I tried to sell again. i got several messages asking me to do it. I think it required linking a bank account and maybe more? Not sure, but if you didn't do this, that may be your problem finally catching up to you.

If it concerns banking, you're referring to eBay's managed payments. They want all their sellers weaned off of paypal as the main payment vehicle and onto their own managed payments. Of course, by now, if a seller has not yet registered for the ebay managed payments, verifying identity and providing a bank account for issuance of payment, they will not be able to list or amend/edit/launch listings.

But if the OP is already part of the managed payment system, the problem lies elsewhere. Some update, or listing compliance to some new parameter that must be included/addressed.

Calling ebay is likely the sure way to know for sure where the issue lies and have an agent provide a fix.

• Options
    msubearfanmsubearfan Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

I’ve had this issue recently and I have to go back towards the top of the listing and update the Condition field. For me, it has a dash in there and I click the drop down, changed to used, then it lets me list. I have no idea why other options aren’t available.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

@msubearfan said:
    I’ve had this issue recently and I have to go back towards the top of the listing and update the Condition field. For me, it has a dash in there and I click the drop down, changed to used, then it lets me list. I have no idea why other options aren’t available.

I'd be willing to bet this is your issue. . .

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

@msubearfan said:

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I was trying to post a better photo on one of my running auctions (with no bids yet) and it kept giving me an error. After changing to 'used', it let me revise it. You should work for eBay. I contacted them today and they were clueless.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Msubearfan and Detroit...Ding Ding Ding, you are the winners. Such a simple Fix that has no clear reason or explanation. But I'm listing!

Thanks and Thanks!

Yeehaw!

Neil

• Options

The worst part of all this is that it adds the following to each listing:

Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

How that applies to a sports card (especially one that is graded PSA 10) is beyond me . . .

Maybe we can start the philosophical debate on when a card goes from "new" to "used". I suppose it is when the pack is opened and the card is removed? Kind of like driving a car of the new car lot, it instantly becomes a "used car".

• Options
    msubearfanmsubearfan Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:

Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

How that applies to a sports card (especially one that is graded PSA 10) is beyond me . . .

Maybe we can start the philosophical debate on when a card goes from "new" to "used". I suppose it is when the pack is opened and the card is removed? Kind of like driving a car of the new car lot, it instantly becomes a "used car".

Yes, it’s pretty frustrating that eBay only provides one option for condition. They might as well have it default to used to avoid the extra work on the sellers end. I wonder if anyone there even knows about this.

• Options

@msubearfan said:

@detroitfan2 said:

Yes, it’s pretty frustrating that eBay only provides one option for condition. They might as well have it default to used to avoid the extra work on the sellers end. I wonder if anyone there even knows about this.

You have to love the error message that reads "something is wrong, please try again later". I'm really surprised Neil couldn't figure it out from that detailed message :-).

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:

listing: “2021 topps whoever superfractor 1/1 - just pulled, dead centered & pack fresh”

message to seller: “just to confirm, its used, right?”