Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Problems Adding to Digital Album?

I'm trying to add to a digital album and when I click on the Front View nothing happens. The card and picture has been added to the set and I can see it there but just can't update the album.

Anyone know if there is currently a problem or have any ideas to fix? I've tried removing the pictures from the set and adding them back and still can't add to the digital album.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2021 4:25AM

If this just started yesterday, then I'm not surprised. Another bug was introduced yesterday with the digital albums, so maybe someone is .... cough ..... fixing stuff. :*

Edited to add: Just tried it myself with the same result. I can flip through the album, click on cards and have them appear larger, but when I try to add an image (looking at Select Front Image/Select Back Image screen), nothing happens. This is with FireFox, so I'm going to try Chrome now (did the same thing).

Interestingly, I'm editing a VERY large album that I started yesterday morning, and that one has no bug since the code being used was pre-bug. If I hit refresh on that page, I'm sure I'll update to the buggy software. :s

Do you also have the "mouse-over" but where when you hover over an existing image, the card image appears huge, shifted almost off the screen to the lower left, and appears behind the album? That's fun too! :)

• Options
    edited March 20, 2021 3:52AM

Edited to remove irrelevant code snippets.

• Options

I am trying to replicate the problem right now, @DMasci - will let you know if I can find the problem and get out a fix. @bobsbbcards I am unable to replicate most of what you are indicating, and the code you posted is not related to albums at all but is security from the hosting protection. I'll try to do some extensive testing and figure out what is causing the problems you both report, hang on and thanks for letting us know! (-:

T. Whitmeyer
    Front-end Developer, Collectors Universe

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

FWIW, I am having the same issue as well. Tried three different browsers with the same results.

• Options
    edited March 20, 2021 3:58AM

Still not working on any browser. Here are screen shots showing the "mouse over bug" from the working version (I loaded this page oddly four days ago), and the not-so-working version (loaded now):

• Options

....and screen shots showing what you get when you click on a front image in the old version versus the new version (on the new one, imagine clicking many, many times). ;)

• Options

Just tried again to add images to my albums...still no bueno :'(

• Options

I will update when fixed - the issue has been identified - hang tight!

T. Whitmeyer

• Options

@kingnascar @bobsbbcards our team deployed a bug fix, if you refresh the page are you having any remaining issues?

T. Whitmeyer

• Options
    Danno63Danno63 Posts: 11 ✭✭

I can't even upload a new picture to the registry. PSA is bumming me out!

• Options

@Danno63 where are you having this problem?

T. Whitmeyer

• Options

On my PC, I closed all psacard.com windows, cleared cache, closed browser, reopened browser went to psacard.com, still having the same issue. I tried it on my iPad as well, issue not resolved.

• Options

In regards to @Danno63 issues, I just tried uploading a picture to a cert that previously had no image and it worked fine.

• Options

@kingnascar are you having several problems or is it just not able to upload an image?

T. Whitmeyer

• Options

The only issue I have is not being able to select images for the digital albums. The images have been uploaded and are there, I just am unable to select them. I can upload images to certs just fine.

• Options

@twhitmeyer said:
    @kingnascar @bobsbbcards our team deployed a bug fix, if you refresh the page are you having any remaining issues?

Still having the same problem (Windows 7, FireFox 86.0.1, Chrome 89.0.4389.82, Explorer 11.0.9600.18665).

• Options

At the risk of overstepping, here's a difference in the HTML for the magnifier picture using the code from the current page (on the top) and the page that I somehow still have loaded from around six days ago (I don't refresh often). A lot of the differences are probably insignificant and are due to different images being used and different positions of the mouse, but the line fragment that's missing in the newer version setting the position of the magnified image seems important:

position: relative; top: -1146.56px; left: 400px;

That line never changes as I move around the image on the working older version.

• Options

Regarding the image picker bug, here's one difference between the working version (older version) on top and newer version (not working) on the bottom. Again, I have no idea if this is significant, but it is a difference.

• Options

More interesting. When I click on the spot where I could insert an image, this pops on the inspect screen for just a second (I had to act fast to screen capture it):

• Options

@bobsbbcards I see what you are indicating, but these should have been fixed when the other bug went out and I am not able to replicate on my end any longer in any browser. The script bug caused other scripts to fail before, hence the issues, so maybe there is some serious caching on your end that isn't clearing. Unsure if a "hard refresh" would help or if something else can be done on my end to assist. If you know how to see a browser console, it seems you would, let me know if you see red script errors in there. Thanks for your help and patience while I try to fix this for you!

T. Whitmeyer

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 4:23AM

Hard refresh on Chrome/FireFox didn't help nor did clearing cached images and files.

Here's a console screen shot showing 1 error:

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 4:11AM

Here's the older version which has 7 errors, but allows me to load images and no issue with the magnifier. Some of these errors were possible timeout errors loading images, since this album has 780 pages (jeepers). :)

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 4:41AM

LOL. I'm getting a bit more proficient with this, since I just added the top: 438px; left: 265px part to the image picker code, clicked off it, and voila, I'm able to add images (at least until I refresh). I also added position: relative; top: -1146.56px; left: 400px; to the jpicmagnifier class and the mouse over bug went away. Fun! :)

• Options

@bobsbbcards oof! Fixing one thing in older code breaks another in newer browsers - I already couldn't replicate the lastest bugs, but did try to get a fix out, if you want to refresh and let me know how it goes. Should fix the 'end of input' errors on the jquery ui at the very least. If anyone else still has issues, let me know the browser/s and versions, if able.

T. Whitmeyer

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2021 7:02PM

I am on Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit).

When I click the link to add the new image, the new images load in the bottom LH corner of the screen as shown below. It used to pop up right by where you click to add the image...

When you click on an image, the supersized image now appears behind the album.. See below..

• Options

@NGS428 That's unfortunate - Thank you for the info and screen shots. I cannot replicate since the latest fixes went out, have you done a hard refresh or cleared cache?

T. Whitmeyer

• Options

@twhitmeyer said:
    @NGS428 That's unfortunate - Thank you for the info and screen shots. I cannot replicate since the latest fixes went out, have you done a hard refresh or cleared cache?

I cleared the cache, restarted the browser and the items I mentioned above are still the same.

• Options

I got dramatic and cleared the Chrome Javascript Cache manually (see first screen shot) right before clicking Edit Digital Album. The second screen shot shows the magnifier bug still in action along with JavaScript files loaded seconds before.

• Options

Removed Chrome totally from my machine (uninstall and selected remove browsing data). Reinstalled, but still here.

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Twhitmeyer: When you mention the latest fix......are you talking about a fix to the original question I asked about loading images? Just curious because it still is not working as of this morning.
    Thanks

• Options

@NGS428 thanks for the feedback, @bobsbbcards ug, @DMasci all of it: we are having trouble replicating any of this - the album works 100% for me in all browsers, continuing to test and research.

T. Whitmeyer

• Options
  • Options

@kingnascar hang tight, I believe there are file differences between our internal network and off, which explains the inability for us to reproduce any errors at first glance. Working on it!

T. Whitmeyer

• Options

We have a temporary fix that will stop the error causing file problems, until we deploy a cache-busting code, you may need to do a hard refresh / clear website data again to see if this is solved for the moment.

T. Whitmeyer

• Options
    edited March 24, 2021 6:46PM

@twhitmeyer said:
    We have a temporary fix that will stop the error causing file problems, until we deploy a cache-busting code, you may need to do a hard refresh / clear website data again to see if this is solved for the moment.

It is better i guess?? The zoomed in image is now in front of the album, but it is in a small window and it only shows if you are clicked on the image in the album. Why can't you just click on the image in the album and have the larger image pop up that you can view entirely on the screen?

• Options

@NGS428 you can view larger images on the public album, but when you are editing your own album the action of clicking on the image pulls up the image editor instead.

T. Whitmeyer

• Options
    edited March 24, 2021 7:02PM

@twhitmeyer said:
    @NGS428 you can view larger images on the public album, but when you are editing your own album the action of clicking on the image pulls up the image editor instead.

Public or editing my own album, when clicking on the card it looks the same as my image I previously posted. Below is when I am in my own album.

• Options

@NGS428 when editing, hovering does that but clicking should bring up the image editing popup. When not editing, hovering still does that but actually clicking should bring up a large image modal. Are you on a computer with a mouse or on a touch device?

T. Whitmeyer

• Options

@twhitmeyer said:
    @NGS428 when editing, hovering does that but clicking should bring up the image editing popup. When not editing, hovering in still does that but actually clicking should bring up a large image modal. Are you on a computer with a mouse or on a touch device?

I am using a MS Surface with the the touch pad on the keyboard.

• Options
  • Options

Double Yay!!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for all of your help, @twhitmeyer. <3

• Options
    edited March 25, 2021 9:52AM

@kingnascar and @bobsbbcards by working do you see the same thing i posted in my screenshots above?

I am not able to edit existing images. Both the edit and public view zoom the card.

Edit: I swapped to my HP laptop and it is working as it should. I will check back on my Surface and see if it is still acting up later on...

• Options

I found that FireFox has worked without a hitch since last night, but Chrome (oddly) still has the bug the first time the digital album page comes up. If I then do a hard refresh it works, but then if I exit the page, bring it back up, I get the bug again. Hard refresh. Works fine. Oh well. I'm getting pretty good at pressing Ctrl-F5. :*

• Options

@bobsbbcards said:
    I found that FireFox has worked without a hitch since last night, but Chrome (oddly) still has the bug the first time the digital album page comes up. If I then do a hard refresh it works, but then if I exit the page, bring it back up, I get the bug again. Hard refresh. Works fine. Oh well. I'm getting pretty good at pressing Ctrl-F5. :*

Yeah, the hard refresh has no change on my MS Surface using chrome. Still messed up like in my screenshots above.

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Ok, I must not be understanding something when I enter pictures Right now I am trying to re-do my 1956 baseball set. The first card I entered into the set is number 88, Johnny Kucks. I still had my front and back pics in already, so I tried to add my 2 new ones. Thru about 3 hours of trying, I couldn't get anything to work right. I couldn't delete the old pictures to move the new ones up. I had 4 pictures total assigned to the card. About 3 weeks ago, I could remove the cards I wanted out, and then my 2 new ones were in the right place. I don't know if it's me needing a tutorial, the registry needing to be fixed, or a combination of the two. Back when everything worked I could remove the cards with clicking the one I wanted deleted so I had clicked remove. And etc.

Please give me a GOOD and EXACT tutorial to me get things done RIGHT.

• Options

@bammerbb said:
    Ok, I must not be understanding something when I enter pictures Right now I am trying to re-do my 1956 baseball set. The first card I entered into the set is number 88, Johnny Kucks. I still had my front and back pics in already, so I tried to add my 2 new ones. Thru about 3 hours of trying, I couldn't get anything to work right. I couldn't delete the old pictures to move the new ones up. I had 4 pictures total assigned to the card. About 3 weeks ago, I could remove the cards I wanted out, and then my 2 new ones were in the right place. I don't know if it's me needing a tutorial, the registry needing to be fixed, or a combination of the two. Back when everything worked I could remove the cards with clicking the one I wanted deleted so I had clicked remove. And etc.

Please give me a GOOD and EXACT tutorial to me get things done RIGHT.

I don’t think it it you. The digital albums are not working correctly right now. I detailed some issues I have above. It does seem to be tied to a browser setting or temp files or something. It worked fine on one of my Laptops. My 2 Microsoft surface PCs it did not work on.

• Options

The albums seem to be working as they should now . thanks!