Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

eBay's "oddcurrency" ??

its Gary N in California i think... PM sent
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comments

• Options
    TCCUGATCCUGA Posts: 70 ✭✭
    It's Gary N. from CA, law enforcement officer by day, part time currency seller by night. Dealt with him many times and met him once at Long Beach a couple years ago. Drives a hard bargain but nice guy and no problems.
    Ty
    Buying Athens, GA nationals and obsoletes, for my personal collection
    Buying most large and small type notes and some nationals for inventory
  • Options
    i agree w/ Ty all the way
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Bought many notes from him. No problems at all
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    and when it sold here just 4 days ago I thought to quickly run to the bank and get mine listed.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    thats a joke!
  • Options
    and not a very funny one.I hope he gets what he's asking as I have several of these and would love to get those prices for them....I honestly feel that it won't get there though.With the bay,one never knows.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    i sold one via auction in January for about $200... looked better than his!
  • Options
    TCCUGATCCUGA Posts: 70 ✭✭
    The seller in question with the $999 listing (commendablecurrency) is not the same seller account; are they the same person?
    Buying Athens, GA nationals and obsoletes, for my personal collection
    Buying most large and small type notes and some nationals for inventory
  • Options
    Although I certainly don't know for certain,a fairly safe assumption is that the seller may have more than one account.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: TCCUGA

The seller in question with the $999 listing (commendablecurrency) is not the same seller account; are they the same person?

Not 100% positive but very likely it's the same seller on both accounts. They both are in the same area of So. Cal and their listings are nearly identical.

There are a number of seller's on ebay that list with two or more accounts that I know for sure are the same individual.
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Does he have a Bricks and Mortar store or is it only virtual?
    He has a Green Seal I'm interested in

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought an expensive note from him in late 2019. It was promptly shipped and exactly as described. I wouldn't hesitate one moment to deal with him again!

• Options

He is blanketting me with offers on all 7 notes of his that I put on my eBay Watchlist - very odd indeed

• Options

Must be tax time ....