Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mislabeled 1990 Griffey Jr. getting plenty of attention

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Donruss-Diamond-Kings-Super-Ken-Griffey-Jr-4-PSA-10-GEM-MINT/402679034714
This one caught my attention as I was interested in upgrading mine until I took a quick look at the pictures provided in the auction.
Not sure how it was labeled a "Super" Diamond King, clearly the base card. Someone is trying to make some cash exploiting the mislabel and low POP.

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

only thing super about that card is the gift grade of a 10.

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

That might be up there with the ugliest 10’s I’ve ever seen. Of course, it’s 90 Donruss, which starts ugly.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭

@Batpig said:
    That might be up there with the ugliest 10’s I’ve ever seen. Of course, it’s 90 Donruss, which starts ugly.

What do you mean? PWCC describes this as Undeniably GEM MINT

• Options
    BullJack13BullJack13 Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

LOL folks, too funny. Sad thing is folks are bidding and whoever gets it will only own a label which is one of two, not the real deal which is a huge card at 5x7 and requires a jumbo holder. Here is mine.

• Options
    BullJack13BullJack13 Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

Heck, My 9 looks a heck of a lot better!! LOL

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭

@Vagabond said:

@Batpig said:

What do you mean? PWCC describes this as Undeniably GEM MINT

Yeah and I've got Primo Ocean front property for Sale in Butte, Mt.!! :D:#:#

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

@BullJack13 said:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Donruss-Diamond-Kings-Super-Ken-Griffey-Jr-4-PSA-10-GEM-MINT/402679034714
    This one caught my attention as I was interested in upgrading mine until I took a quick look at the pictures provided in the auction.
    Not sure how it was labeled a "Super" Diamond King, clearly the base card. Someone is trying to make some cash exploiting the mislabel and low POP.

I thought the same thing, looked it up and saw that it is a 5 x 7 SUPER size card. I did not know they even existed.
    I need to check how many of the regular size JRs that I have. Oh well.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

submitter entered the incorrect spec....and im surprised PSA never caught it.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

The only Supers worth a lot are the 1992s,which Griffey is not part of

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

I have no memory of those jumbos. Were they distributed in packs or was it a mail in promotion?

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RedHeart54 said:
    I have no memory of those jumbos. Were they distributed in packs or was it a mail in promotion?

Mail in promotion. They are yuge!

• Options
    parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    submitter entered the incorrect spec....and im surprised PSA never caught it.

That’s a pretty bad miss considering the SUPER is named that because it is SUPERSIZED. But the “research and ID” people miss these incorrect entries all the time. I can’t count how many mislabeled cards I’ve seen on eBay. Best example the 2018 Bowman Mega Box chrome. These are supposed to be the Mojo Refractor but there are 100s if not 1000s on eBay that are labeled mega box chrome but the actual card is just a plain chrome.