Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card display room

I thought collectors on this page would appreciate this card/Star Wars display room custom built by fellow collector Brent Meyer and his team at Seventh Street Salvage in Macon, Georgia. This entire system was built in Georgia and hand installed in my house in Virginia. As you can imagine, I have a hard time leaving this room and have moved my office into it. I couldn’t figure out how to upload the video so pics will have to suffice. The room features custom made rack pack closets, 32 pull-out display case drawers, a table, and shelving specifically designed to maximize wax box and Star Wars display.

Comments

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Wow ! ! 😲
    I could spend a couple days in there looking around.
    Very cool!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hamilton888 said:
    I thought collectors on this page would appreciate this card/Star Wars display room custom built by fellow collector Brent Meyer and his team at Seventh Street Salvage in Macon, Georgia. This entire system was built in Georgia and hand installed in my house in Virginia. As you can imagine, I have a hard time leaving this room and have moved my office into it. I couldn’t figure out how to upload the video so pics will have to suffice. The room features custom made rack pack closets, 32 pull-out display case drawers, a table, and shelving specifically designed to maximize wax box and Star Wars display.

Many here will recognize him as @ugaskidawg Sweet room!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great collection!

If you take the time to post all those pics? I've got to say thanx for taking the time to share.

I would be proud to have that display in my home.

Thanx

Mike
  • Options
    habs007habs007 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

wow - the value must have doubled in the last 6 months - re up that insurance ! Amazing !

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely amazing ! Love the woodwork and your collection. Thanks for sharing, and Enjoy !

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

fab display

exquisite cardboard

really dig the retro helmets

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would pay an admission to go inside that room. Outstanding collection!

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

Amazing collection and just as amazing a display. That's phenomenal! Congrats!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hamilton888 said:

that is got to be the best display i have ever seen. i could spend all day looking at your collection. thank you for showing your display room.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

what is your best star wars item or rarest item you own. really nice collection of star wars.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

That collection and storage work is amazing. If I may ask, why is your Jordan rookie raw?

• Options
    hamilton888hamilton888 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:
    what is your best star wars item or rarest item you own. really nice collection of star wars.

Thanks! I think my slave 1 or the ROJ mailer collection are my two favorites. I also have a 12back-C Vader that is AFA 80

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Very nice!! Thanks for posting.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome displays. I have my PayPal ready 🤣

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I think I have a strong collection. Then I login here and gain clarity.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a baseball card museum! I would display my items in my home but fear fading due to light exposure as well as the risk of having expensive items in home in case of a break-in. It appears your display is in the basement where there is low illumination from natural light. True?

Anyway...very nice!

mint_only_pls
  • Options

@nam812 said:
    That collection and storage work is amazing. If I may ask, why is your Jordan rookie raw?

@nam812 said:

I wouldn’t sell it and am sure it is real. I bought it from the baseball card kid maybe 15 years ago or so now. I have thought about getting it graded but based on what others thought it would be either a 7 or 8, so I left it alone. I think if I were to sell it I would definitely send it in

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Alright Hamilton!

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973