Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Are you a nerd?

Are we not men? (Sorry ladies and Devo.) Every once in a while there is a comment on here about us being nerds and there seems to be no push back. I don't think I'm a nerd but I probably was when I was 12. But even then I was unpredictable and had volunteer bodyguards so usually no one messed with me. I may be a hillbilly and a hippie and even a punk but I don't think I qualify as a nerd.

It does not seem to me that everyone is a nerd here based on the car thread and other hobbies and pictures and the various jobs we have.

Maybe we are just coin nerds but not nerd nerds?

Don't be afraid, you can tell us if you are one. Some of the most successful people on the planet are probably nerds.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 6:43PM

Nerd to some degree. Did karate for almost 2 decades and weightlifting. Was I ever bullied no. Completed university with decent grades. Enjoy peace and quiet. I would say 70% street smarts and 30% book smarts. Never liked school. Never really had a problem finding a date either enjoyed talking to people when I was younger I rather be alone now and single. But as I get older my life revolves around my hobbies, books, walks, pets, small circle of family, good food,etc. Not much wild left in me.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

I’m a nerd... 🥺

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't consider myself a nerd at all. Certainly not the macho tough guy either. You mentioned jobs and other hobbies. I'm a Vol. Fire Dept. Chief. Full time front line Paramedic. I teach firefighter and ems classes, swiftwater rescue and rope rescue. Adrenalin junkie ? Yea I think I'm that. My collecting hobby gives me quite time. Kinda brings me down from the adrenalin. Peace and solitude. And I truly enjoy that.

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    Wrong forum....nerd! :D

No, I'm still not a nerd! But I'm really a doh! :D

Please let this slide to page 2.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, what were you selling?

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 10:48PM

This sums up my style of living.
    1st, I went for the money.
    2nd, I wanted to know as much as possible.
    3rd. Enviorment. (no stupid stories)
    4th, to be continued.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am nerdish. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope! And non-coin collectors might label you as such but at the same time they have no clue that your hobby pays you back dividends. I could go on for a while about all of the positives but I just saw that K-Mart is having a blue light special on pocket pen holders - Cya :D

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

None here!

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭✭

My avatar is a selfie!!!