Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Air Jordan Limited Edition Package. Should I open it and see what's inside?

I'm very tempted to open this item to see exactly what it contains inside. I know I'm guaranteed the 3 Limited Edition Jordan blow ups, but only can see the top one. Also contains 3 packs. Looks like there are Jordan card/s in the packs. Open it? Or leave it alone? I'm not totally attached to it as a whole single piece, but I also know that you can't unopen something once it's been opened (obviously) and certain things are better to leave alone. Let me know what you think. <Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2020 6:59PM

If it helps you make a decision, there’s only 1 recent sale on eBay, $20. No clue what’s inside, but it doesn’t appear to be worth a ton as an unopened item.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283932773678

Jim

• Options

@burghman said:
    If it helps you make a decision, there’s only 1 recent sale on eBay, $20. No clue what’s inside, but it doesn’t appear to be worth a ton as an unopened item.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283932773678

Thanks for the input! Yeah I couldn't really find many unopened ones. But I'm leaning towards that the contents would most likely be worth more than the whole item, unless a complete dud. Thanks again!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2020 7:48PM

I can't tell for sure but two of those packs appear to be 1997-98 UD3 packs which were known for possibly having a Jordan Season Ticket Autograph in packs. I'd be busting those open just for fun,Good luck if you do.

edit: the set only has 60 cards in it including three MJ's base cards. Then he has 4 inserts not including the potential autograph.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I can't tell for sure but two of those packs appear to be 1997-98 UD3 packs which were known for possibly having a Jordan Season Ticket Autograph in packs. I'd be busting those open just for fun,Good luck if you do.

edit: the set only has 60 cards in it including three MJ's base cards. Then he has 4 inserts not including the potential autograph.

Yes you know what you're talking about. It is 2 packs of 1997-98 UD3, and says look for "Season Ticket Autograph" on the pack. Prob not able to see it in the photo. I had to use a flashlight to see into the package at some markings on the packs. They seem to have more potential if I bust these open. I'm thinking I'll open and see what happens prob. I'll post the results in this thread. <Thank you for your input!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy to give you msrp for it!

• Options
    RustyShaklefordRustyShakleford Posts: 20
    edited August 17, 2020 9:52PM

This is all that was really worth showing from the package. I don't believe there are any big hits here, but I at least have a few Jordans to add to my collection I suppose. Not a total loss, but could've definitely been better... Only other notable names were a Ewing, Barkley, and two Pennys nothing exciting. Cards were in perfect condition except for the bottom left Jordan that has corner damage which sucks. I'll probably be doing some more openings in the future.