Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993-1994 Fleer unopened boxes

I saw on one of the forums that a 93-94 fleer unopened box sold for $80....now a 93-94 Jam Session unopened box is listed for $60 on eBay. I know this was a cool set and all, but is there any card in this box that is worth buying that box?

Seems like ESPN has successfully taken all NBA cards to new heights....

appreciate your thoughts!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

might be a Sticky Situation

• Options
    momo1234momo1234 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

Totally. Also, no idea what that means but It sounds cool.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Glossy cards stored for long periods of time in unknown temperatures and humidity will become stuck together and in most cases results in lost gloss and surface damage when taking them apart.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

Ah. Got it.
    I looked it up and seems a hard box to get but not sure.
    Either way would be fun to bust.

• Options

Well looks like someone got it for $40. I put in $20. Oh well

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:
    Glossy cards stored for long periods of time in unknown temperatures and humidity will become stuck together and in most cases results in lost gloss and surface damage when taking them apart.

No, not true. Not regarding 1992 Topps Stadium Club with Beam Team...they are fine. Have a box that I opened that was stored for many years and maybe one or two cards stuck but came apart easily and are fine.

chaz

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chaz43 said:

@krisd3279 said:

No, not true. Not regarding 1992 Topps Stadium Club with Beam Team...they are fine. Have a box that I opened that was stored for many years and maybe one or two cards stuck but came apart easily and are fine.

chaz

Depends on the climate in which they were stored.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Cs223406Cs223406 Posts: 143 ✭✭✭✭

I have opened a few of these trying for the All Stars and Living Legends in series 2.

For the All-Stars and other inserts (Drexler, internationals) these can come out pretty good (the packs seem to brick in the same spot but not around the insert card). For All Star-- centering is tough and corners are easily bent.

For the Living Legends; these can be problematic with sticking. I've pulled a couple that the foil surface was tacked onto another card so just FYI.

They are still fun breaks (just not at todays prices).

• Options

I got a bunch of unopened baseball fleet boxes from 92-94 even have a fleet minor league box. Assuming all this is not that valuable but like u said. Fun to break.

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@chaz43 said:

@krisd3279 said:

chaz

Depends on the climate in which they were stored.

Maybe, but can't make a blanket statement saying that all glossy cards will stick. It's very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter where I live and it did not affect them at all.

chaz

• Options

@chaz43 said:

@krisd3279 said:

chaz

Nobody said all glossy cards will stick. I was simply explaining what "might be a sticky situation" meant. It looks like you are making a blanket statement that all 1992 Topps Stadium Club are fine. So you owned all of the unopened 1992 Topps Stadium Club, then opened them all and it was all fine? Or are you just making that statement based on a single data point?

Here is an example of some 1997 Topps "not stuck" together.

Kris

• Options

@krisd3279 said:

@chaz43 said:

@krisd3279 said:

chaz

Nobody said all glossy cards will stick. I was simply explaining what "might be a sticky situation" meant. It looks like you are making a blanket statement that all 1992 Topps Stadium Club are fine. So you owned all of the unopened 1992 Topps Stadium Club, then opened them all and it was all fine? Or are you just making that statement based on a single data point?

Here is an example of some 1997 Topps "not stuck" together.

No, I am just saying 1992 Stadium club basketball series 2 does not stick.

chaz

• Options

And I’m just sayin’ anyone want to buy a box or three of topps stadium club baseball from 1991?

• Options

OOPS .............. :o

• Options

Just this

Kris

• Options

@krisd3279 said:

Just this