Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Label Error Reporting System

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but wanted to know what others here think of this new system. At first, I thought it was a brilliant idea, providing submitters the opportunity to spot potential mech errors prior to orders completing. Lately, however, I've seen a somewhat disconcerting trend, particularly with modern card submissions for which PSA has yet to build their database.. that being an unusually high number of errors, far more than I would have typically seen with past completed orders.

Granted, I'm now afforded the opportunity to correct these errors - which may be good for me (albeit time consuming), but could be a headache for those who may be not be proofing their submissions.

I don't presume to know what's going on, but I worry that PSA may be diverting resources once intended for their research arm in an effort to save money/time (with the hope? that submitters will pick up some of the QC).

I hope I'm wrong here, and this system certainly hasn't been around long enough to know, but curious to hear others thoughts, particularly those who submit modern in bulk, as I would guess they are most affected.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭

I have highlighted several of the inaccuracies in the item details, but they just seem to sit there while it is still in progress. At which time do they correct them prior to grade?

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019 1:14PM

@secretstash said:
    I have highlighted several of the inaccuracies in the item details, but they just seem to sit there while it is still in progress. At which time do they correct them prior to grade?

Great question, and one I had myself. Here is a snippet from an email I got from Nick Mendoza, a sales rep, and a great help, which should explain much of what you ask:

"Reporting an error or comment on your submission puts a stop to the order. We place the order on a tray and one of the researchers will pull that tray of orders to get fixed.

We are finding that some customers do not report errors. They may say something like “no qualifiers” or “looks good.” We are getting a lot of reported mech errors, which are not errors, so it is taking them longer to get through this new process.

There are 2 steps in the process that will catch the reported errors. Once after grading and before the printing of the label, and two at the verification step or QA2."