Home Stamps Forum

Need some stamps appraised

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyone in Alabama that could look through this stamp album with me to find the value of these stamps. This is an album my great-grandfather kept most of his life adding stamps whenever he could. He was a stamp and coin collector. I managed to save it when my greatgrandmother sold off all his stamps for next to nothing after he passed ten years ago. I am more of a coin collector myself and don't know much about stamps. There are old stamps from around the world. This album was released in 1938 so all of the stamps are from that era or earlier with a few loose exceptions.

Comments

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

unfortunately, not worth anything.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to be just a bunch of common stamps. It has virtually no value in today's market. If you want to know values go to your local library and see if they have copies of the Scott Stamp Catalogs. Pull out anything with a catalog valuation of $50 or more but expect to get only a small fraction of that amount. Dealers are not going to be willing to look up values for this type of material. It is too much work for too little potential return.

All glory is fleeting.
  • axelrichaxelrich Posts: 43 ✭✭

Still a good collection, I would say..