Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1954 Topps Aaron comparison: PSA vs SGC..see scans

Hellos. Just wondering on a few things in regards to these two cards. First, does the PSA seem under-graded? I compared to a few on Ebay and such, and this one seems to have better centering & corners than most PSA 3's... it looks to me to be more on the PSA 3.5 or 4 scale. Do you thinks it is a good candidate for a regrade?? Second, other than the marks on the front of the SGC and the pen marks on reverse, does the card itself look in better numerical condition than the PSA? I don't see any creases and I am wondering if it might be better in a PSA holder with the "MK" qualifier. Opinions are appreciated.
Thanks-
Claude

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the PSA 3 is graded correctly. I do not see it getting bumped up. Both cards look good for the grade. My guess is you would get a 3 (MK) if you crossed the the SGC 1.5. Personally I would go with the PSA 3 if I was choosing. Having said that it will certainly cost more than the SGC 1.5 so if money is not an issue I would take the 3.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not just corner wear on the upper left corner of the PSA 3, it's extensive corner wear.

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

I think both are about right, the bad scribbles back sets a ceiling of 1.5. The 3 has bad corners so should not get consideration for a 4. _

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

So if I sent in the SGC to PSA, would a PSA 3 MK be valued at more than an SGC 1.5 as far as resale value?