Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1972 Dr. J rookie

This is an 8? The L/R centering is bad enough, but the “tick” on the top left corner, print defect on the right upper border and the slight rounding of the bottom right corner. This is a 6…at best.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Topps-Basketball-195-Julius-Erving-Dr-J-Rookie-Card-RC-PSA-8/372638619475?hash=item56c2fe1753:g:cWQAAOSwNepcAX3t

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big time off center.

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

That’s not an 8 if submitted today.

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

that might be the worst 8 I've ever seen. MAYBE a 5 (if I submit it...)

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Agreed. Ugly. Buy the card not the holder needs to be said.

Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 3 thousand graded and one ten. I searched long and hard for one without the elbow barnacle that was centered left to right. This one is pack fresh, no barnacle, color is outstanding. I sacrificed top to bottom and a tiny bit of edge wear. This card is an absolute bear to find perfect. I will leave my opinion to myself about this one listed 😃

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice dr. J.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dan89 said:
    Over 3 thousand graded and one ten. I searched long and hard for one without the elbow barnacle that was centered left to right. This one is pack fresh, no barnacle, color is outstanding. I sacrificed top to bottom and a tiny bit of edge wear. This card is an absolute bear to find perfect. I will leave my opinion to myself about this one listed 😃

I would review that bad boy. That is a great looking PSA 8.

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys, it’s a real tough card in high grade. 58 Jim Brown is tougher. Now that is a real beast to find centered and in focus