Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thoughts on this ebay bidder

Funny stuff.......

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Averaging over 152 bids a day? That's insane.

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

With that number of bid retractions, how is he/she still allowed to bid on ebay?

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

And, averaging 8 bids per item? Shill master?

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@waxman2745 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

And, averaging 8 bids per item? Shill master?

More likely a "chip bidder" than a shill bidder with that number of bids.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@waxman2745 said:
    With that number of bid retractions, how is he/she still allowed to bid on ebay?

That was my first thought exactly. The account has 100% positive feedback too. IMO, its likely what I call a "community shill account" where several sellers use it to bid up their auctions with the agreement that they wont have to pay if the community account "wins".

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    Prime candidate to block IMO....... 13 bid retractions in the last 30 days!!......Ive been buying on ebay like so many of us 18-20 years....I've had maybe 3 or 4 bid retractions in that time.

You’re better than me. I’ve had two in five years. Both times I missed a decimal and both times I immediately cancelled and placed the correct bid.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's necessarily a shill bidder. That's a gargantuan amount of bids in a small period of time. I think that person is addicted to eBay and the high they get from bidding on items.

I've been on eBay for, I don't even know, 15+ years? I bet I don't even have 3,000 bids. If they're bidding 4,500 times in a month I can see why they would need to retract, especially if they're losing control and can't afford some stuff.

Arthur

• Options

It's Russia