Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which would you rather have....

It has been a while since we have a good ‘ol thread on a value comparison. So here goes.... which has a higher value in 10 years..... a nice Hank Aaron RC psa 3 that is very strong for the grade with very nice eye appeal or a 1984 Marino psa 10, a nice solid true 10.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Marino 10

Yep

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take the Marino 10 all day. There will be more newly graded PSA 3 Aarons to hit the market in the future than there will be newly graded Marino 10's (IMO) with VCP = 1083 and 437 PSA 3 Aaron rookies with a VCP = 1025

Marino highest sale according to VCP the past year $1550
    Aaron highest sale according to VCP the past year $1299

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is impossible to do without having the Aaron available to see. I've seen 1's that looked like perfectly centered 7's. So if the Aaron looks like a 7 or an 8, I want the Aaron.

Arthur

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Agree with Arthur.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 10 years from now Marino will not ever be close to being considered one of the best once more QB’s pass him on the yardage list. Aaron will always be considered the HR King. I say Aaron

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2018 8:36AM

Aaron, think about all of the unopened 84 packs that could have a Marino in them...Pretty sure more of them than all of the Aaron's that exist!

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!