Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Earn 15% in eBay Bucks on all qualifying items of $150 or more! Expires: Mar 23, 2018 11:59 PM PDT

Earn 15% in eBay Bucks on all qualifying items of $150 or more!
Expires:

Mar 23, 2018 11:59 PM PDT

For invited members only...

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

The hits keep coming!

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be curious to know whether or not buyers of my own items did so using ebay promo coupons and/or ebay bucks specials, and if the promotion was the difference maker in their decision on purchasing (but of course sellers don't have that data provided to us by ebay)

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

In the nick of time. I won an auction last night, waited to pay until this morning and the ebay bucks promo got applied.
    I was hoping this was the case as it worked that way on the 20% coupon from last week.
    They must be really desperate to hit a gross sales number. The last week has seen the three largest promotions I have seen in the 17+ years on ebay.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had customers ask me to switch categories so they could get bonus e bucks

• Options

only seen 15 percent e bucks one other time, very rare

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

I've already bought two cards. This is nuts.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Any cap?

• Options

yeah, 100 dollars

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been out of the loop but @ 15% bucks I will dust off the wallet lol

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I put a card up for a one day auction at a starting price of 160 in hopes to attract a buyer. I hate doing that but my best offer option wasn’t getting any bites.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:
    In the nick of time. I won an auction last night, waited to pay until this morning and the ebay bucks promo got applied.
    I was hoping this was the case as it worked that way on the 20% coupon from last week.
    They must be really desperate to hit a gross sales number. The last week has seen the three largest promotions I have seen in the 17+ years on ebay.

And now there is another 20% off coupon to use issued today, and can be combined w/ the ebay bucks promo!

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

And now there is another 20% off coupon to use issued today, and can be combined w/ the ebay bucks promo!

Don't tease us like that if it's not true!?!?!?!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

@miwlvrn said:

@georgebailey2 said:

Only certain sellers. Sportsmemoribilia.com and Steiner may be of interest here. Prices for sportsmemoribilia.com may be better online with their own promos. Sometimes their FansEdge is lower, but typically their lowest pricing is on sportsmemoribilia.com. Fanatics is typically the highest of their three sites.

• Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Don't forget the additional 1.5% cash back Mr. Rebates is also giving on eBay at the moment (normally 1%). Shameless Referral: Link to Mr. Rebates

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't get the invite on this!! C'mon!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hit the BIN on a 1934 Goudey Lefty Grove in PSA 3. Selling price was $157 & free shipping. Net of the eBay bucks, cost was $133.45 all in!

Daniel
  • Options
    HalonutHalonut Posts: 78 ✭✭

Does it work for $150 worth of items in your cart?

• Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    I just hit the BIN on a 1934 Goudey Lefty Grove in PSA 3. Selling price was $157 & free shipping. Net of the eBay bucks, cost was $133.45 all in!

It's a great thing, but it isn't a discount. You aren't getting money off the item.

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Remember the max is $500 per quarter total, that supersedes all promotional amounts.

• Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭

Picked up a 1973 Mike Schmidt PSA 8 tonight with the 15% coupon. One of my dream cards. Hooefully they will offer this promo again. Got $83 in eBay bucks.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Got a 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripken PSA/DNA card.

• Options

my chase credit card has a 5 percent cash back promo going on for the next 3 months with paypal so now the rewards are even sweeter B)

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    my chase credit card has a 5 percent cash back promo going on for the next 3 months with paypal so now the rewards are even sweeter B)

Same here. I most often use my PayPal branded credit card, which offers 1.67 percent back on all eBay purchases completed through my PayPal account. Starting April-June, though, I'll be using my Chase Freedom account as my first PayPal payment option, at least until the cap is met. They maxed my bonus category offer out at the first $1500 in PayPal purchases only, which is $75 back. I shouldn't have any problem hitting that, especially if eBay keeps up with the recently frequent big incentives of 10, 15, and 20 percent.

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if eBay is doing all these deals the last couple weeks to help fluff end of quarter #s?? They must be hurting as a company as of late.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if it's not something more "sinister", like greasing the wheels on a lot of sales that wouldn't occur without the discount, artificially inflating the price down the road. In May, someone will view past eBay sales or VCP, and see that a Mantle or Jordan sold for $XXX in a certain grade, so that's what they'll list for, or be happy to pay. Not to mention, all the inflated action and competition between those with large eBucks totals, and those that have little to none, that inflate the final price even on items the bidders with large eBucks totals lose out on. It's not only a short term game they're playing to juice their bottom line in this quarter or year, but a long-term bet, too, in my opinion.

• Options

I was told by a e bay employee that they were losing a lot of money from off line sales, so they are trying to make e bay a more pleasant experience by doing all the promos

• Options

@georgebailey2 said:

I went on my desktop earlier today and it only showed the 1%, a $70 difference on my item which was a splurge for me.

I will call customer service today as it definitely showed the 15% Ebay bucks on the app when I checked out.

• Options

Two boxes of 2017 Heritage for me. Very happy.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

My timing has just been bad lately. Every time I have my eye on something it’s too late, will they end the quarter with a bang next week and offer something similar? Or are they done for the quarter??

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

If they are doing all of this to fluff numbers for stock holders than expect another nice coupon or two before the end of the month.

• Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

@brendanb438 said:
    If they are doing all of this to fluff numbers for stock holders than expect another nice coupon or two before the end of the month.

I agree and hope so !

• Options

i look for another e bay bucks promo on 3/26, because the 8 percent seller promo ends on 3/27