Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions on this 1954 Topps Kaline

Hi All - I have just started building a 1954 Topps set in lower condition (think PSA 3 without the PSA holders). Does anyone have any concerns over the authenticity of this card? It seems like it's centered awfully nicely and I'm concerned about a possible reprint with artificial aging.

ebay.com/itm/AL-KALINE-1954-TOPPS-201-ROOKIE-CARD/222821760828?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Daniel

Comments

• Options

Looks 100% fine. And would grade around a 3 with the crease that is shown in the photos.

And just so you know, when you are looking at other raw 1954s, you will never see a reprint or counterfeit with the rough cut edges that this example has. The rough cut is common on 1954 Topps cards and is how they were factory cut and issued by Topps.

Good luck with your set!

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

Daniel
    That is a great looking Kaline. The eye appeal is three grades higher than the technical grade. 100% real as Smith just said.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I think I'll give this one a shot.

Daniel
  • Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Hope you got that. Great eye appeal.

• Options

the problem when you ask for help on a card ... you pretty much lower your odds of getting the card, by letting everyone know of it :-)

and 1/2 the people that tell you "hope you get it" ... don't mean it :-)

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BGS_Buyer said:
    the problem when you ask for help on a card ... you pretty much lower your odds of getting the card, by letting everyone know of it :-)

and 1/2 the people that tell you "hope you get it" ... don't mean it :-)

Bid twice....jk! I'm on the half that does mean "good luck"!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com