Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ginter auto, Pacquiao mini... mini?

I thought I knew plenty about Ginter autos...but this one stumps me.

https://ebay.com/itm/Manny-Pacquiao-2011-Topps-Allen-Ginter-MINI-FRAMED-AUTO/401423504169?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Seriously...what is this? Is this a real card, or something someone made? Anyone know?

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

Comments

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Guessing you're the seller? They have been in the product for several years and there are dozens, maybe hundreds on eBay right now, so I'm skeptical that someone that knows A & G autos wasn't aware they existed.

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

No, not the seller... prospective buyer potentially. Did you even look at the item I’m asking about? This one is a mini of a mini.... never seen anything like this before and certainly does not resemble the dozens of Pacqiuao mini autos I’ve seen in the past.

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

@onefasttalon said:
    No, not the seller... prospective buyer potentially. Did you even look at the item I’m asking about? This one is a mini of a mini.... never seen anything like this before and certainly does not resemble the dozens of Pacqiuao mini autos I’ve seen in the past.

My apologies, I did look at it, but didn't notice how much smaller it is. You're right, it is curious. It almost looks like they accidentally framed a mini intended for a rip or something.

• Options

Neither... this isnt my card or even in my possession. Rather, I found it as a recent listing on the ‘Bay and it caught my eye. I regularly check new ginter auto listings, and this one is unlike any I’ve ever seen. Was hoping someone could shed some light as to whether or not it is a legit card or someone’s basement project at homemade rubbage. :)

Nothing more... not promoting anything here.

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 3:23PM

Almost like the frame is a box topper size.
    But, it looks like it's in a regular rigid holder.

Heck if I know. Seems strange though.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

It's a fake.
    It's cut from some sort of A&G box or promo ad and placed into a legit A&G frame. The auto is identical to the one that's on the front of the boxes from that year. The gold "leafing" that's on the right side of the card and covers the Ginter is also a give away.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

_It's a fake.
    It's cut from some sort of A&G box or promo ad and placed into a legit A&G frame. The auto is identical to the one that's on the front of the boxes from that year. The gold "leafing" that's on the right side of the card and covers the Ginter is also a give away.
    _

Thanks ya sir! Kinda thought that was the case, but... needed another opinion to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.