Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

kittlecoins.com - September 2017 Long Beach Virtual Bourse - Visit Table 448 by opening this thread!

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 17, 2017 1:56PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Awhile ago, I saw a thread where someone mentioned that they wished the large coin shows would post a "virtual bourse" so that those who could not physically attend the coin show could still get the experience and see the show. I tried it out a few times since then and many seemed to enjoy it.

So, once again I took some pics of my coins at the Long Beach Show last weekend so that those of you who can't come and visit us at Table 448 could still see them. I have many coins that just haven't made it to my website or eBay that I bring to the shows, so this also might help me sell some items that you may not have known I had for sale.

I had to make the photos very large so that you could see the coins, sorry you many need to scroll the page to see them. Each photo is 2000 pixels wide, but I know the new forum software automatically resizes them smaller for most of us now. You should be able to click each photo and get to the full size pics hosted on my website which should allow you to better zoom in if you like. The large photos also make the file sizes somewhat large so it make take a minute to fully load. Also, since I was taking quick shots of dozens of coins at once with my camera, not all coins are lit well and not all of the pics show the beautifully toned coins well.

Hope some of you who can't attend the show like seeing the coins this way :) Let me know what you think... and of course let me know if you're interested in anything. Would be happy to provide better photos of any of the coins
as well.

I took the pics during the middle of the show so some of them have since been sold. Enjoy...

Thanks again for looking and hope to see some of you at one of the upcoming shows!

Mike

:+1:

Tagged:

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always like seeing the puzzle coins :smile:
    Thanks for the effort in posting the pics, I enjoy it :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    I always like seeing the puzzle coins :smile:
    Thanks for the effort in posting the pics, I enjoy it :smile:

Thanks :) The puzzle coins are fun, but quite difficult to put together!

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did I miss the raffle, or is it coming up?

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great presentation....once you can click on the coin and magnify both sides, you have replicated the experience of attending a show although the social contact with others is missing. Soon we will be linked to multiple other collectors on our screens and thats the end of shows that cater to collectors.

I remember 20 years ago, browsing antique shops that have now vanished .....that has become a most inefficient way to find something you want in the age of the net.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type

@SurfinxHI said:
    Did I miss the raffle, or is it coming up?

Nope you didn't miss it, I just haven't made a post about it yet... planning on doing so in the next couple of days though! Will have some special overstrikes using our Glendale Coin Club medal dies to offer as incentive prizes this year as well... should be fun!

@CommemDude I agree that it would be cool to show more detail in the post like you mentioned. I could actually code each image to where clicking on the coin would take you to the page on my site where the coin is listed w/ close up photos of both sides, but that coding work would take me quite a long time for each image (since I'm an amateur at web stuff).

• Every one who is a coin person should visit table 448 in Longbeach....Kittlecoins is the best
    Michael is probably one the best coin dealers I have ever had the pleasdure of doing business with....A true gentleman

:) new to BST positive transactions with au and ag, j dimick, Pandavab, messcrew

@chiniu1976 said:
    Every one who is a coin person should visit table 448 in Longbeach....Kittlecoins is the best
    Michael is probably one the best coin dealers I have ever had the pleasdure of doing business with....A true gentleman

Thanks, that is very kind to say :)

:+1:

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice ....do you take all coins to shows ? Sales would uptick if prices were listed ?

@bestday said:
    Very nice ....do you take all coins to shows ? Sales would uptick if prices were listed ?

I do not take all of my coins to all shows. At some shows I have 8 cases to fill like at the Long Beach show, but at other shows I only have 2 cases so I can only bring some.

I have put price stickers on all of my coins before to try it out. I mostly didn't like it. It was a lot of work to price sticker everything, especially as I would later lower prices on coins that haven't sold or were just priced too high initially.

And I didn't see any change in sales by stickering the coins. Instead, I did notice that folks at shows would look at my cases of coins and then walk away without ever talking to me. That may work for some customers, but that gave me zero feedback about which coins folks were interested in. Without marked prices, I at least know which coins people are looking for when they ask for prices and/or to see the coins. Even if they don't end up buying the coins from me, knowing what customers are looking for at each show is pretty important. Not having marked prices also gives me more flexibility to quote lower prices than I have on my price list if I'm having a bad show and just want to start getting some coins sold and some cash flowing.

That said, I know there are some collectors who probably are just too shy to ask for prices on some. And I know when some ask for a price on a coin that I may have priced aggressively, they then could walk away thinking everything I have is overpriced. Price stickers could avoid that I guess. Seems to me there isn't a real right answer on this one.