Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tread lightly, men.

Looks like the National is gonna be light, but PSA will be doing huge biz. As you were.

The Crisser

Comments

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

????

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I were sleeping.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

No one goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Crisser is a pisser.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Can women tread heavily ?

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

Like a stampede. Door busters arrive early and stay late.

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I guess it's better than it being dark. At least with light, you can see what you are buying :)

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Looks like the National is gonna be light, but PSA will be doing huge biz. As you were.

Where do you get your predictions? From a psychic hotline?

• Options

@MantleFan23 said:

@CrissCriss said:

Where do you get your predictions? From a psychotic hotline?

Fixed

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:

What date and time are we meeting at Gibson's in Chicago like you mentioned.

KC

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the location of the next National, or the next couple? I ask because the only reason I am not attending this year is the location. It has to be a location I am interested in visiting.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:
    Does anyone know the location of the next National, or the next couple? I ask because the only reason I am not attending this year is the location. It has to be a location I am interested in visiting.

i think 2018 is Cleveland, 2019 back in Chicago

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:

Find a 1963 Topps Bob Lilly PSA 9, 1966 Bob Hayes PSA 9, 1972 Rayfield Wright PSA 10 and I'll make some fireworks. With the right product on hand, I'm sure there will be sales...

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate the "heads up". Since the National is going to be a bust I've decided not to go.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2017 6:09PM

Oh, I heard, that PSA's huge business means they are rolling out the new Sport Card Automated Grading System (SCAGS!)..You put your card in the machine, it determines the grade and does it right there, no human interaction!...It's being field tested, the National is the first place and if it works out, pretty soon you'll find a PSA grading machine at every street corner!. Put your $10 in the machine, stick the card in the slot and voila!...Instant grades!...100% Money Back guarantee, minus a small $10 fee per card of course! :)

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    • Where do you get your predictions? From a psychic hotline? *

From Alex Jones

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

There will be graders there doing business
    Sports collectibles will be bought and sold
    It will be the smallest ever
    I will have plenty more inside information once I return. But I will tell you now that every big timer and mom/pop let me know already that it was very disappointing.
    Good times are not to be had because the market is falling. Carry on

• Options
    edited July 13, 2017 8:38PM

my wayward son. For there'll be peace when you are done.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

@initialD said:
    There will be graders there doing business
    Sports collectibles will be bought and sold
    It will be the smallest ever
    I will have plenty more inside information once I return. But I will tell you now that every big timer and mom/pop let me know already that it was very disappointing.
    Good times are not to be had because the market is falling. Carry on

Assuming this was a serious post, I am confused about your claim that everyone told you it "WAS" disappointing as if it has already happened. Does your inside info come as a result of a time machine you built? Are you reporting to us from the future?

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Just continuing the OP's omniscient divine divulgence

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭

someone get me the hard to get items that I posted in the other thread...

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Kendall - you free on Tuesday evening? I'll be there for early setup, then going on. Wednesday to drop off cards to PSA.

I don't get in until Thursday am so anytime after that will work. Have a few meetings with dealers and collectors during the show and a few dinners I have to attend but I will be around and available - just let me know and we can connect.

KC

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

See u Thursday kc.

Dave