Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2011 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout, Card 175 or Draft 101

Looking to pick up one of these cards. I already have the regular Bowman Draft #101 non Chrome in a PSA 8.5, but looking for the Chrome version to go with it. My question is which one to get. I see there's a much higher pop of the #101 Draft card and lower of the regular Chrome #175. Also see the regular Chrome is worth a little higher in the price guides. Anyone prefer one over the other? I'm buying it not only as an investment and a nice addition to my PC but also because I actually love the card design and eye appeal. Is one seen as more of the actual rookie card over the other? One more popular among collectors? I like the Draft card but the lower pop and higher value of the regular series is making me consider it as well.

myslabs.to/smzcards

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

For PSA set registry its been determined to be #175
    This will increase and have more value over #101

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the fewer population of #175 is the preferred of the two cards and is usually looked upon as his actual rookie card?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    So the fewer population of #175 is the preferred of the two cards and is usually looked upon as his actual rookie card?

They are both actual rookie cards. The Bowman Chrome Draft is from the Bowman Draft product though, where as the regular one is from the more MLB mainstream Bowman Chrome release. Personally, I think the Bowman Chrome Draft is a better looking card than the base Bowman Chrome, but it will likely always have a slightly lower demand than the mainstream card.

Buy both if you can, but if you have to choose one to have long term and will only be buying one or the other, go with the regular Bowman Chrome!

• Options

Sell all your Trout cards. Didn't you hear? Judge is the future!

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2017 11:12AM

Ended up picking up a PSA 9 #175 for $112. Under PSA value of $125+. Thanks for the advice guys! There's a lot of them listed at $150 BIN on eBay so I was glad to snag it for less.

myslabs.to/smzcards