Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sounds about right. The Crisser wishes he had written this.

"High levels of greed sometimes cause new-era thinking to be introduced by market participants to justify buying or holding overvalued securities. Reasons are given as to why this time is different than anything that came before. As the truth is stretched, investor behavior is carried to an extreme. Conservative assumptions are revisited and revised in order to justify ever higher prices, and mania can ensue. In the short run resisting the mania is not only psychologically but also financially difficult as the participants make a lot of money, at least on cardboard, er, paper. Then, predictably, the mania reaches a peak, is recognized for what it is, reverses course, and turns into a selling panic. Greed gives way to fear, and investor losses can be enormous."

Solid take. Enjoy your cardboard.

The Crisser

Comments

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2017 12:37PM

• Options

Anyone who works on wall street could of told you the same thing.

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭

Captain obvious crisser at the ready. Thanks so much!

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

"Ice Tea?"

"No. Lemonade. READ THE SIGN!"

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

The sky is falling!!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus. Or we can just enjoy collecting cards. Enough with the stockmarket crap; this isn't the stockmarket. Some of us actually love a sport and its history. It's that damn simple.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

Let me get this straight, you have the hen, the rooster, and the chicken, the rooster has sex with the hen. Who has sex with the chicken?

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

The Crisser likes his chicken spicy.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

As long as you don't burn down the cabin with the "Cuban cigars" its no issue

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    DM23, you'd be just as enthusiastic about the hobby if your collection if cards weren't worth anything? Love of the game and so forth. It's always about the $.

If that were true, why would people with more money than they could ever spend be buying this stuff?

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭

Cards are perty.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I wish all here would call me 'The Pisser' Now THAT would be cool.

If the doof dudes in I Dream of Jeanie and Bewitched knew what they had, and used it to their advantage, and showed us in the TV shows, I truly believe the world of card collecting would be a better place right now.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2017 6:05PM

@OddRodz said:
    I wish all here would call me 'The Pisser' Now THAT would be cool.

If the doof dudes in I Dream of Jeanie and Bewitched knew what they had, and used it to their advantage, and showed us in the TV shows, I truly believe the world of card collecting would be a better place right now.

Hey, look; I found an image for you that is both Bewitched and a sports card (1965 Bewitched Test):

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

" I wish I had a $ for every $ I ever spent, because then I would have all my $ back"....Jack Handey

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al