Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New 1941 Walker for the set

WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 3, 2016 6:04PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I saw this one for sale and I had to make a snap decision, as I don't feel that it would've lasted very long.

Research tells me that it was sold just under 5 years ago via Heritage for about $800 bucks with the shipping.

I got it for 60% of that. I feel that now is a good time to buy these.

It is also in an older PCGS slab (although not an OGH or rattler) but I feel that it was graded well and it's a 'true' 67---no gradeflation going on.

So I am sharing it with you. I wanted to stimulate some conversation, while relaxing after a long week.

I haven't added it to my set, yet, but I will sometime this weekend.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Comments

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always liked high grade walkers.
    One of the nicest designed coins the other is the Mercury dime.
    No wonder so many collect these coins!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

Superb!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options

love them walkers wish I had a ms67 set of them

• Options
    AblinkyAblinky Posts: 626 ✭✭✭
    Nice, that's what white 67s should look like.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭

Great addition with the Walker.

Mike

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2016 8:20PM

A bodaciously excellent strike. You see all the feathers on the eagle's left leg. The obverse is all there and there does not appear to be any significant noise on Liberty's hip. Wonderful.

You are wise to do the MS67s for the short set dates. With the introduction of plus grades, the prices for 'just' MS67 coins for the more common short set dates have come down substantially. Congratulations.

• Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

That really is a tremendous strike. Nice pick up.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice addition, and as others have said, exceptional strike!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

@panexpoguy said:
    That really is a tremendous strike. Nice pick up.

i agree

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

67's and 66's have been slowly sliding for awhile, probably due to the increases in population. There is still plenty nice about your half and any high grade, well-struck Walker. I wonder if these (the common dates) will ever trend up again?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...double wow.... TRIPLE WOW!!! Very nice indeed...... Congratulations..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the strike!!!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    BSABSA Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

That's a great Walker!

• Options

Beautiful coin, love it!

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a Pretty one!!!

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good strike, luster and very clean. These have become cheaper but this is a lot cleaner than some 67s.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

beautiful coin!!! but arent people afraid of White Walkers on Game Of Thrones ?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job! Wonderful example

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2016 8:18PM

Thanks guys---I was going to buy a MS 66 but this coin seemed PQ and it also has a CAC sticker. The price was right, too.

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    67's and 66's have been slowly sliding for awhile, probably due to the increases in population. There is still plenty nice about your half and any high grade, well-struck Walker. I wonder if these (the common dates) will ever trend up again?

Erik--Yes, I think that the prices for these will rebound and I also think they will appreciate, even more, as time goes on. It's a great time to be a Walker buyer. But that is JMHO.

• Options

I just now added a 1942 sister coin for the same good price.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again... Wow... where are you finding these beauties??? The '42 is very nice... and a special year for me... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous Walkers!! They are at the top of my list of favorite series.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two very nice Walkers

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet halves!
    Lance.

• Options

Nice looking coins, it even looks like you're catching up to me on the Registry... ;)

• Options
    edited November 4, 2016 3:30PM

@Ablinky said:
    Nice looking coins, it even looks like you're catching up to me on the Registry... ;)

Thanks! You must be #11 ATS in the 1941-1947 set. You don't have to worry; I won't get any higher than 17, in that category. Only need one more coin and I'm done. I doubt that I will upgrade any of those coins. :)

• Options
    edited November 4, 2016 4:00PM

@Ablinky I have always seen that set by owner 'Andrewslin' but never knew it was you.....I just never made the connection.

You are 70% complete, in the full set, and have every coin in MS from 1929 through 1947.......that's very Impressive, young man.

• Options

@Walkerfan said:

I have always seen that set by owner 'Andrewslin' but never knew it was you.....I just never made the connection.

You are 70% complete, in the full, set and have every coin in MS from 1929 through 1947.......that's very Impressive, young man.

Actually, that's not my set. It's called "Andrew's Walker" for the set name, not the Owner name. It's the set directly below the one you are referring to.

• Options

@Ablinky said:

@Walkerfan said:

I have always seen that set by owner 'Andrewslin' but never knew it was you.....I just never made the connection.

You are 70% complete, in the full, set and have every coin in MS from 1929 through 1947.......that's very Impressive, young man.

Actually, that's not my set. It's called "Andrew's Walker" for the set name, not the Owner name. It's the set directly below the one you are referring to.

Okay, now I see it. Still a very nice set at 12th rank, as I will not get that high in the short set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file